cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This forum and your moderators. Please read.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Good day all.

Ok this post is aimed at all posters and forum members new and old...we have decided between ourselves that the forum has become a very toxic and disruptive place to visit. We have had enough of the negative posts and trolling which has increased to a very unpleasant level. Personal attacks, snide comments, silly jibes  posts abusing Oculus/Facebook and immature posting has gone too far in our opinion.
I would usually never name users but @Zenbane and @kevinw729 to name but a few are prime examples of some disruption that we are witnessing. We don't aim to gag people but enough is enough. Toxicity and name calling and thread disruption will now be met with jail time on the forum without warning. 

We and I'm sure many users here, have had enough of this pointless nonsense and it will not be tolerated. If issues continue to deteriorate then matters will be looked at for consideration for a permanent forum ban. This comes from your tired and weary volunteer moderators. We will read any concerns via pm but will not entertain harassment or bullying via the message system.

Please read this, understand what we are saying and do your best to comply.

Any problems or concerns or you think this message is unfair then please have a good read of the forum rules which ARE from Oculus that we are trying to enforce.

Lets make this a happy and informative forum again with good discussions, so let's keep it civil.

Thank you.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

65 REPLIES 65

Netheri
Rising Star
 Oh that's nice!

Does this mean there can be critic against Facebook's "You must kneel and do as we want to use our devices and products"-pill without certain disruptive fanpersons to attack criticizer or is the critic against Facebook also totally on ban on forum moderators level? Meaning, is the criticism against the products and the manufacturer handled instantly as "disruptive", and is it considered to be instant blockage for a "happy and informative forum" on moderator level?

Still, luckily this doesn't concern me much because of the experiences which i've experienced on these forums (because of the certain fanpers0ns) and because soon i'm happy i don't need the forums at all except for maybe contact one superb 3rd party software developer through private messages. But fortunately Facebook doesn't control the e-mails yet so no need for that basically too. 😄
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

@Netheri, there's no problem criticizing Oculus, Facebook or whoever. Just as there's no problem praising Oculus, Facebook or whoever.

What is a problem is antagonising other forum members, either as part of being overly enthusiastic... or by baiting other forum members... fanboy name calling is an example of that.

Note also that the moderators are volunteers, we're VR enthusiasts from the early days of the DK headsets, we're not Facebook.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
To me the issue that doesn't ever seem to get addressed is: Which is worse, the Baiting or the Taking of the Bait?

The only criticism I have is that "baiting" has always been handled quite loosely on this forum. This goes as far back as 2016.

From the official Forums Rules, it is Rules 1, 3, and 4 that "baiting" falls in to, yet baiting runs rampant. vannagirl called it out earlier, and we can see recent responses in this thread that contain baiting. But nothing is ever really done to address it. The only thing that ever gets addressed is "blatant disruption."

My only suggestion would be that this forum could really use having all the rules applied more evenly. As opposed to picking only those rules that stand out the most to act on.

I've ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon.

Just to find out.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I read an article that said the Egg came first. Because, apparently, the Egg has a substance in it that doesn't come from the Chicken, nor can it be produced by the Chicken.
 😮 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Dinosaurs were laying eggs long before chickens existed. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

Dinosaurs were laying eggs long before chickens existed. 

nrj9cxvrmqgh.gif

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Awww come on @Zenbane

hvxctmn0zeb7.gif
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Luciferous
Consultant
I think the new rules seem to be going well 🙂 The forum seems a much happier place.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Haven't had to get the whip out yet 😉

ckz6d71tnw07.gif