cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Pro Please!

Cyion
Protege
Dear Oculus/Facebook,

I will not be buying a Quest 2 and I would suggest that there is a need for a PRO version of the Quest 2.  For context reasons, I will reveal that I own a Rift CV1 currently with 3 cameras.

Here are the reasons I am not buying a Quest 2:

- No mechanical IPD slider.  I am one of the rare people who get headaches if my IPD is off by only 1 mm.  I am a VR veteran and have logged thousands of hours so this isn't a VR noobie issue.
- Cheaper microphone than the Rift CV1
- No FOV increase
- I have heard reports that the tracking is worse than the first Quest tracking.  Having excellent tracking on the CV1 makes this very undesirable.  Perhaps it will improve with software updates?
- No built in "quality" headphones.  The CV1 headphones are amazing!  Anything less in quality to that is unacceptable to me.

Now that the rift line is being killed.  Oculus should consider making all future headset have a standard and pro edition.  It is no more work then when you were making a quest and rift s at the same time.

I would love to see a Quest 2 Pro that has these features:

- mechanical IPD ******* (IMPORTANT!)
- built in "quality" headphones
- a "quality" microphone
- increased FOV
- a proper cable that isn't a link cable, I don't want to deal with increased latency due to compression or potentially decreased resolution

Of course it would cost more, but I am willing to pay it.  I am sure many others would pay it too.  Especially those who are buying their second headset or those who have many headsets.

Also for people reading, could you please comment if you want a pro version of the quest 2 as well.  Please also, I don't really want to respond to people who want to pick apart stuff that I have said, can those people please focus on the quest pro part of my message, that would be appreciated.

Thank you for listening,

Cyion
33 REPLIES 33

inovator
Consultant

Cyion said:

Dear Oculus/Facebook,

I will not be buying a Quest 2 and I would suggest that there is a need for a PRO version of the Quest 2.  For context reasons, I will reveal that I own a Rift CV1 currently with 3 cameras.

Here are the reasons I am not buying a Quest 2:

- No mechanical IPD slider.  I am one of the rare people who get headaches if my IPD is off by only 1 mm.  I am a VR veteran and have logged thousands of hours so this isn't a VR noobie issue.
- Cheaper microphone than the Rift CV1
- No FOV increase
- I have heard reports that the tracking is worse than the first Quest tracking.  Having excellent tracking on the CV1 makes this very undesirable.  Perhaps it will improve with software updates?
- No built in "quality" headphones.  The CV1 headphones are amazing!  Anything less in quality to that is unacceptable to me.

Now that the rift line is being killed.  Oculus should consider making all future headset have a standard and pro edition.  It is no more work then when you were making a quest and rift s at the same time.

I would love to see a Quest 2 Pro that has these features:

- mechanical IPD ******* (IMPORTANT!)
- built in "quality" headphones
- a "quality" microphone
- increased FOV
- a proper cable that isn't a link cable, I don't want to deal with increased latency due to compression or potentially decreased resolution

Of course it would cost more, but I am willing to pay it.  I am sure many others would pay it too.  Especially those who are buying their second headset or those who have many headsets.

Also for people reading, could you please comment if you want a pro version of the quest 2 as well.  Please also, I don't really want to respond to people who want to pick apart stuff that I have said, can those people please focus on the quest pro part of my message, that would be appreciated.

Thank you for listening,

Cyion

I'll make it quick and simple. AIN'T HAPPENING. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I also have a Rift cv1 w/2-3 sensors (normally only use 2) and a Quest 1 with the official link cable and wireless w/Virtual Desktop.  I have enjoyed my Quest but my cv1 with 2x SS (thanks to having a decent gaming PC) still does a much better job with all my PCVR games/sims.  Better performance, more comfortable, fewer artifacts, lower latency, and better tracking imho.

I have preordered a Quest 2 because I'm interested to see how it's more powerful mobile chip, together with future firmware updates and Link software improvements plays out.  I imagine that these improvements will be the main focus during 2021 and I doubt we will see the next gen Quest 3 until sometime in 2022.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

twisteklabs
Heroic Explorer
Facebook philosophy is to reach the masses with the lowest possible price point VR headset.
This is diagonally opposite to Quest 2 Pro that needs a higher price.
I have a high IPD, and would love manual IPD slider with dual screens etc. I have learned to lower my expectations. It might ease your anxiety to lower your expectations as well.
CPU: Intel i5-4690K Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC

Cyion
Protege
Ehhhhh, I think if a Quest 2 Pro doesn't happen, I will just buy a headset from some other company that makes what I want.  I might do that in the mean time anyways, but I would like a Quest 2 Pro so I can play oculus exclusives natively.

inovator
Consultant

Cyion said:

Ehhhhh, I think if a Quest 2 Pro doesn't happen, I will just buy a headset from some other company that makes what I want.  I might do that in the mean time anyways, but I would like a Quest 2 Pro so I can play oculus exclusives natively.

Do it because it ain't happening.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
So this is what I want, if you agree you can reply, if you don't agree, don't post. I think what you are looking for is that petition site.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

inovator
Consultant

So this is what I want, if you agree you can reply, if you don't agree, don't post. I think what you are looking for is that petition site.

That's not how this works. You have been here long enough to know that.  This forum would be quite boring everyone agreed with each other. 

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Depending on the backlash - I would not be surprised in 2021 that a Pro version that will be a true hybrid (Standalone/PC) version of the Quest will be launched. If the Rift backlash is anything like we think then a Rift-Quest release will be dropped into the market to try and dull the HP, Valve and Samsung momentum. 
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Digikid1
Consultant
It's nice to dream isn't it?