cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey there, I found a new and exciting VR game.

Evileyes
Rising Star
The game is called Phasmophobia!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/739630/Phasmophobia/

You and a team of friends/investigators go to peoples houses etc.. and investigate haunted houses...  IN VR, its a absolute blast! but you can play on a monitor too.
I havent had this much fun in a long time!

Communication is a must, so please bring a mic. (communicating with crew and Spirit boxes, ghosts etc.. YES voice recognition for this game!)

Anyway, its $13 on steam... and im actually sore from gripping my controller in tense situations! TOO MUCH FUN!

Warning: If you scare easily please wear a diaper.
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706
36 REPLIES 36

Evileyes
Rising Star
He was a ugly bastard!

I'm still tripping about that high school, we were completely out classed by that ghost. I was shitting my pants in that bathroom.

It's currently #1 in sales on steam at the time of writing this. They truly have something special here.. I cant believe this game is making this much noise, its a unpolished unity game still in Alpha! 

We have to go out again man! Had a blast!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm ready for more! It's crazy how fast time flies while in this VR experience. It's also crazy how soiled my pants get...

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Finally got the game, but sadly that's close to the worst blacks I've seen with the Index like ever, lol. Totally gray darkness - really sure this game was made for 2D or oled. Although some textures were nice, it wasn't really anything that impressed me - it probably would have been more with the CV1, but the game seems not to support native Oculus drivers for now. Thus stuck with Index in SteamVR.
Then there must be awesome finger tracking - but no, couldn't close any of my fingers - at all - just got one stiff floating hand. 
Performance was nice, could use res 200%, and even using highest graphics setting jaggies were very pronounced. I guess you play this game for the social aspects, not for the graphics and finger tracking - unfortunately I care more for the graphics - and the finger tracking 😉 

Maybe I'm having a bad day - but after 12 min I stopped the game and refunded. My backlog is too big, when trying new stuff I really need to be impressed a lot and extremely quickly, and that didn't happen. I might give it a try later - Steam gives me 120 minutes, still got 108 left, lol. 

Back to Wilson and his heart! o:)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Luciferous
Consultant
My son plays the 2d verison of this, I can hear him most nights screaming with laughter playing it 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

My son plays the 2d verison of this, I can hear him most nights screaming with laughter playing it 🙂

My 12 year old son wants it too - I'm sure it'll look great on a big TV. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I've screamed plenty playing this in my Quest 2 and Rift CV1. I wish those screams were of laughter
 :'( 

Evileyes
Rising Star
I hope we can play soon Zen, been dealing with back to back RMA's with EVGA 3090, thats right TWO brand new Ultra's screwing up... What a disappointment 😞 

RuneSR2 - Not sure why you're so critical of the graphics man, I dont see them as too bad... did you play solo or with a group?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Wow, that sucks, Evil! Sorry to hear.

I love this game, but it's definitely better with a group of friends. Let me know when you're ready for round 2.

And Rune, no excuses. Get back in there, soldier!
 😛 

Luciferous
Consultant

Evileyes said:

I hope we can play soon Zen, been dealing with back to back RMA's with EVGA 3090, thats right TWO brand new Ultra's screwing up... What a disappointment 😞 

RuneSR2 - Not sure why you're so critical of the graphics man, I dont see them as too bad... did you play solo or with a group?

I think its a generation thing, my Son who just turned 16 is playing games that are fun and doesn't seem to care how they look. Currently playing Fall Guy, this game, the one where you have to guess the murderer and my daughter (his twin) is still playing Minecraft. 

You can see why they went full steam into the Quest 2, graphics don't seem as important to them as much as game play. I guess its a generation brought up on mobile phones which has lowered their expectations.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Evileyes said:

I think even Onslaught looks much better 🙂

Btw, I would not be surprised if the game looks great using CV1, but using lcd/Index it looked even worse than Affected the Manor. 

Tried turning Index brightness down to 20% and that actually looked ... black - unfortunately it also made it hard to see anything, lol.

Devs promised native Rift support, I'll try the game again when that happens  o:)

I played solo - wasn't very impressed, the game felt like an early build that needed much more polish. Needs proper finger tracking too 😉 It felt like a 2D game with some mods to make it work in VR.