cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v21 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Oculus Link

• We improved our automatic graphics setting prediction to help ensure you have the optimal experience with Oculus Link.
  • We fixed an issue that was causing a delay in Link starting up after selecting Enable from the in-VR prompt. 
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Richooal said:

Something's not right here.
The Rift is dead (to facebook) + The way forward is the Quest + PTC was only for the PC version + No significant software update for Rift in a long time.
This version has apparently gone public very quietly without a new PTC version.

I reckon we're seeing the end of the PTC for PC.

Is that taps I hear in the background?
 >:) 

Karu62
Explorer
I own a $400 paper weight formerly known as a Rift S. first and last Oculus product i will ever buy.

Mazda_Ron
Expert Protege
usb 3 detection still an issue specifically only on oculus software, has been for ages now, also having the issue with pinned windows blanking to grey, this is after a full wipe and DDU.

I've not seen a single update that's fixed either of these issues and it's beyond a joke now, way to kill off a product line by breaking it and turning a blind eye to it's existence.

Anonymous
Not applicable
First, this new update kills the helmet and you have to manually reinstall the app to get everything working.  then, in the middle of the game, the floor level gets lost and ends up on my belt.  great job, facebook.  I have not received such a disgusting product since the very first Chinese touch phones.

Anonymous
Not applicable
qp32uvw7dlqy.jpg

thomas_wadswort
Explorer

Karu62 said:

I own a $400 paper weight formerly known as a Rift S. first and last Oculus product i will ever buy.

Boo hoo

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

Tiranys said:

First, this new update kills the helmet and you have to manually reinstall the app to get everything working.  then, in the middle of the game, the floor level gets lost and ends up on my belt.  great job, facebook.  I have not received such a disgusting product since the very first Chinese touch phones.

I feel bad that you hare having issues. However, occasionally it needs to be pointed out that there is a difference between a specific error happening on someone's specific unit and hardware and a statement that X breaks Y. 

If what you are experiencing was happening to everyone, this site would be blowing up and Oculus would be rolling back the update. If you want help from us, there are plenty of people here with a Rift S who could help troubleshoot with you.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tiranys said:

I feel bad that you hare having issues. However, occasionally it needs to be pointed out that there is a difference between a specific error happening on someone's specific unit and hardware and a statement that X breaks Y. 

If what you are experiencing was happening to everyone, this site would be blowing up and Oculus would be rolling back the update. If you want help from us, there are plenty of people here with a Rift S who could help troubleshoot with you.

I am in the discord, in the VR community, at least 4 people have already complained about a non-working helmet and black screens.  I was able to fix it only by uninstalling the program through its installer and deleting it to the manual oculus folder.  Perhaps the problem is that the software is not installed on the system drive.  Problems with the floor most likely stemmed from such a reinstallation, but at least the helmet started up.  And with a black screen, even here, I'm not alone.  I saw several posts with a similar problem on this form.  New posts

morphee7
Expert Protege
well im not even part of the PTC program but i find myself on version 21.0.0.473.119 (21.0.0.473.119) looks like they are forcing people to test now without being part of it

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Don't worry mate.  I think that Oculus have just forgot to delete the PTC from this thread's title.  In any case, it seems to work fine for me.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers