cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus is Now Powered by Facebook

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
Logging on to Oculus.com now gives you this pop-up.

sjg9y7shz0dw.png
gknb0smwpwnr.png

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

50 REPLIES 50

Double_Shot
Adventurer

kobs57 said:

Lol screwed to the end aren't we *shakes head* doesn't matter i'd rather buy all my titles again and never have to do anything with FB ever again

Yep. FB and the people who support that crap are evil and should be shunned.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

kobs57 said:

Lol screwed to the end aren't we *shakes head* doesn't matter i'd rather buy all my titles again and never have to do anything with FB ever again

Anyone who bought a Rift, GO, or Quest is supporting Facebook. You're an owner of Oculus products as well, so you're supporting Facebook just as much as the people you're attempting to attack with that comment.

Double_Shot
Adventurer

kevinw729 said:

Its okay, we were told, "Oculus is not a brand, Rift is a brand!"

Rift is going to become Brand-X at the hands of FB.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Rift never had its own Logo, because it was never a Brand. The Rift DK1, DK2, CV1, and S, all contain the Oculus Logo/Name on it. Because Oculus is the Brand, and Rift is the Product.

The same goes for Quest and GO. The HMD's have the name "Oculus" on them; because that's the Brand. The physical hardware doesn't actually say Quest/GO on it.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
@Double_Shot please keep the tone down, there is zero need to attack people for what they purchase and what they support. We want to keep the forum informative and relaxed and helpful to users who WANT to use the hardware and software. Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion please keep it respectful.

Thanks.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

kobs57
Heroic Explorer

Zenbane said:

kobs57 said:

Anyone who bought a Rift, GO, or Quest is supporting Facebook. You're an owner of Oculus products as well, so you're supporting Facebook just as much as the people you're attempting to attack with that comment.

Agreed but back when I bought my CV1 Facebook wasn't even in the picture (or it was hidden) it was just oculus rift. But now that I know all that, I'm doing what I can to escape the evil grasp by buying something else *drums fingers on the desk waiting for the Reverb G2*
Edit: Not holding my breath, probably not going to enjoy one before Jan-Feb 2021 a bit like the Nvidia 3000 series
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

Double_Shot
Adventurer
<snip> Abusive rant removed.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
That's enough of that. You've been warned more than once, and this sort of attack is way over the line.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You know, something just occurred to me about the new Facebook account system; in the past when we’ve banned people from the forum, they would sometimes make a new account and come back to stir it up again. But the forum doesn’t have its own account system, they’re Oculus accounts that we use here. As of yesterday, you can no longer create a new Oculus account, so now anyone joining the forum will have to use a Facebook account. Perhaps we’ll see less trolling going forward. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Yes, we mentioned the same thing on the Facebook Oculus forum last month - the subject was that this forum will now follow the same rules as the Facebook run forums. Will be fascinating to see how the user avatar, and details stuff will be implemented, or merged with the Facebook account stuff - interesting times indeed. 🙂 
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959