New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Party chat not working in game

Harribro95Harribro95 Posts: 1
NerveGear
Just got the quest 2 and want to play with a friend. We join party chat and we can both hear each other. When in game menus we can still chat but as soon as we launch into a game session my mic won't work. I can hear him but he can't hear me. Tried this over 3 games and same issue. Soon as I go home he can hear me again. Checked all settings and mic is active and enabled 

Comments

• ZaneLaurentZaneLaurent Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Having the same issue, pretty ridiculous that Oculus party chat doesn’t persist when a game is started. That should absolutely be how it works.
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 1,318 Oculus Staff
    @Harribro95 Hi, If you haven't already please create a support ticket with us here, as we would like to assist you with your issue. - Clint
  • Rie-BreadRie-Bread Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    @Harribro95 whenever they give you your answer can you pass it on to this chat? A lot of people have had this problem and it'll save them the trouble
  • AutisticCat03AutisticCat03 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    @Harribro95 Yes that would be great I need it too
  • Jasey_BJasey_B Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yep have the exact same issue with my quest 2. Party works start game i can here players but my mic is cut out
  • stumpovichstumpovich Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This is not a bug with your headset, it's a global issue. Games can use either party chat or their own VoIP, vast majority of games use the latter (notable exception EchoVR, dunno about others)
  • stinky-milostinky-milo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Ya please help me and my friend wanted to play onward in a party but it would never let us speak to each other 
  • SpottiChenSpottiChen Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    So the only way to fix this problem is to drop out of the insiders program. I did that and it was completely fine afterwards. I know it really isn't the answer you were looking for but that's all I got for now.
  • PeteMalognePeteMalogne Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Please everyone!!! Create detailed support tickets regarding this issue... I just did lol.. Lets get it done and fixed!!!
  • PeteMalognePeteMalogne Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    This is not a bug with your headset, it's a global issue. Games can use either party chat or their own VoIP, vast majority of games use the latter (notable exception EchoVR, dunno about others)
    Right, this is totally the issue. Just sucks most people don't understand this.. when allowing permission anyways.. then its a shit show gettin back on track lol. Party chat jus needs to work everywhere! Think I just figured out a common theme.... Basically any game also sold on Steam that has built in voice chat? Echo works cuz its only on Oculus stores.. assuming. Beat Saber, I don't believe, offers any type of in game voice chat.. which is why party works there.. assuming.. but I also don't believe BSaber is cross either which helps. Welp jus gonna have to disallow some permissions I guess.. Glad I found the forum.. Im tryin to encourage a Rodel w customer service to take action on this one.. to be the one that made the fix happen lol.... Rodel.. Rodel.. Rodel
  • BllueBallsBllueBalls Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    its a garbage system, let us use discord. then i can also talk to my friends outside of vr and advertise vr for you.
  • kirby721kirby721 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the quest 1. I used to play games such as Onward or Rec Room and even side loaded games like Pavlov Shack and I was able to talk in a party with friends while people in game could still hear me. Unfortunately we cannot do that anymore due to this persisting issue. For all you new comers to the Quest please bare with this issue until it is fixed so you can have the full VR experience.
  • DebtedeniseDebtedenise Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Have my oculus quest  for 2 days now chat is random on and off can't chat in vr fishing either works for a minute then nothing.