cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thought I would just get 1 of my 2 Quest 2's today, but both got delivered! :D

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
Preordered just a bit over a week ago and said mid november on delivery date, but bank account got charged monday, and also got tracking number for 1 Q2, Elite strap and Link. But thought I would have to wait for my second Quest 2. But they both showed up today! Must say, stand alone VR without cables to PC is awesome!! 😄
https://youtu.be/idX4LJzHDVo
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
9 REPLIES 9

HaselHoof
Adventurer
Nice , what's your opinion on the different straps comfort level

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer

HaselHoof said:

I've only had time to do some small testing when setting them up before going to work. But my first thought was that the stock strap felt better for me..  😛 
The stock strap reminds of the DK2, and the Elite strap of the CV1. But I never really liked the CV1 comfort, I get a lot of discomfortable pressure in my forehead, might be my head having the wrong shape for the Elite strap, or I need to have it a bit looser. But will try to do some longer testing this weekend.
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

HaselHoof
Adventurer

rVRcloset said:

HaselHoof said:

I've only had time to do some small testing when setting them up before going to work. But my first thought was that the stock strap felt better for me..  😛 
The stock strap reminds of the DK2, and the Elite strap of the CV1. But I never really liked the CV1 comfort, I get a lot of discomfortable pressure in my forehead, might be my head having the wrong shape for the Elite strap, or I need to have it a bit looser. But will try to do some longer testing this weekend.

Thanks for that , i cant wait to try the elite strap as a comparison  as i purchased 2 quests as well , 1 from Oculus which im still waiting for and one from amazon which i have the normal strap is not too bad takes a lot of adjusting to get it comfortable i grabbed a headstrap pad which i macgivered into place and makes it more comfortable imo .
vkqc3ku4w20o.jpg

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
Will be interesting to see how I feel for both the stock and Elite strap after +2 hours in VR.
With the Rift S I wouldn't have any issues being in VR the whole day.
The Closet Sim Rig

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
Tried starting a recroom party with the quest's today with my son. And we had like 3 seconds voice delay, and also looked laggy when we moved, made it really hard and frustrating.. 
Is this a party issue,  on same wifi issue, or is this how interactions work when wireless??
I hope not, wireless gaming in sp is awesome, but was hoping to mostly use the Quest 2's to play mp with the kids..
The Closet Sim Rig

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
Did some testing with Link in some racing games tonight.
https://youtu.be/L3FXosV4Pes
The Closet Sim Rig

Pacman8030
Expert Protege
I didn't have to preorder. I just walked into Best Buy and picked one up today.

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
If you have a retailer close that is an option. I don't..
And even if I did the headsets sold in Sweden cost about 200 euro more in store than from Oculus, Oculus also send with free shipping to the door, so a pretty easy decision. 🙂
The Closet Sim Rig

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
Gave the soft stock strap a go in todays racing 
https://youtu.be/njAYpvQWbtg
The Closet Sim Rig