cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run don't walk! This is a dumpster fire!!

Graywolf09
Explorer
I have the Rift S and like a fool, I bought the Quest 2. BAD IDEA! Not only did I have to pay for Beat Saber AGAIN when I went back and decided to use my Rift S all the songs I downloaded were GONE! All the hard work is gone. All that is left is the few songs that are supplied. If you want to fork over more money you can have a few more which is nuts. You can no longer move around your environment and you do not earn rewards. So basically I paid just to have the cord removed and lose all my stuff downgrade my environment and pay for games that I already own. Really? Can I send this useless thing back?
9 REPLIES 9

Scaramoosh
Protege
They still make you rebuy games per headset?

PITTCANNA
Visionary
umm you could of just got virtual desktop.  and did you not read that beat saber is not cross buy.  This is not oculus problem it is beat saber.  

download virtual desktop on your quest and you can use all your rift games wirelessly, including you songs.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

I have the Rift S and like a fool, I bought the Quest 2. BAD IDEA! Not only did I have to pay for Beat Saber AGAIN when I went back and decided to use my Rift S all the songs I downloaded were GONE! All the hard work is gone. All that is left is the few songs that are supplied. If you want to fork over more money you can have a few more which is nuts. You can no longer move around your environment and you do not earn rewards. So basically I paid just to have the cord removed and lose all my stuff downgrade my environment and pay for games that I already own. Really? Can I send this useless thing back?

Beat Saber does not support cross-buy, so the Rift and Quest versions are completely separate games. This has been the case since the Quest 1 was released.

I'm not sure how buying something on the Quest 2 would have anything to do with your Rift custom songs, though--that sounds like user error or an update issue that has no connection whatsoever to your Quest 2.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Graywolf09
Explorer
I am sorry I did not read up on if there would be issues with games being a cross over. I did not but the Quest 1 so I was not aware of it. I was sent this info about the Quest 2 as being a new product. I did go back to the Rift and try to play my songs just to see everything was gone I guess as it was stated this was user error but I doubt it. The addition of the Quest into Beat Saber changed things and yes I do agree matthew.canna this is a Beat Saber issue. However, noting that there were "issues" since the release of Quest 1 you would think it would behoove Oculus to point this out to stave off any more unhappy or confused customers in light of the FB problem. I am sure I am not the only person who is going to run into this and wonder what is going on just saying.

loregnum
Adventurer
Can't move around the environment in the Quest version? Umm, it's called walking in real life and viola!, you move in game. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you can't move around your environment, make sure you have enough ambient light in the room to enable the guardian system.  I had that issue for a bit while using bigscreen last night until I remembered I turned my lights off which disables the guardian system.

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

I am sorry I did not read up on if there would be issues with games being a cross over. I did not but the Quest 1 so I was not aware of it. I was sent this info about the Quest 2 as being a new product. I did go back to the Rift and try to play my songs just to see everything was gone I guess as it was stated this was user error but I doubt it. The addition of the Quest into Beat Saber changed things and yes I do agree matthew.canna this is a Beat Saber issue. However, noting that there were "issues" since the release of Quest 1 you would think it would behoove Oculus to point this out to stave off any more unhappy or confused customers in light of the FB problem. I am sure I am not the only person who is going to run into this and wonder what is going on just saying.

I sounds like you are just not familiar with a number of things. That doesn't mean anything is a dumpster fire.

Every major Beat Saber update breaks BMBF. None of us who updated to the multiplayer version can use our custom songs until BMBF releases their next update, which will probably be in a few days. Piece of advice: Don't mod things if you don't understand how they work.

Second, did you really expected that songs that were downloaded to your PC would magically appear on a completely different device? The song packs that you buy with a Rift version are automatically available on the Quest version for free, but I can't believe that people are upset that Oculus didn't figure out how to make hacked versions of their software migrate to new hardware.

The great thing about the Quest 2 is that it is going to bring many more people into VR. That also happens to be the bad thing about the Quest 2 as the number of novices that haven't done any homework will be hugely increased.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

Graywolf09
Explorer
I am not modding things that I don't understand. I have to say I cannot believe how much this group of people feel the need to come down on a person. There are ways of talking to someone and asking them questions if you disagree with them without making them feel like crap. Kudos you have done that.

ohgrant
Superstar
  Oh buck up there buckaroo everything is a learning experience. If you didn't start off ranting and telling others not to buy just because of your confusion, the natives would have been more hospitable   
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.