cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can 16 year old purchase and play cert 18 games?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Quest 2 for my 16 year old daughter. She wants TWD Saints and Sinners. I have no problem letting her play but will she be allowed to play as obviously Facebook knows she is 16. I have not linked it to Facebook yet so I could link to my own Facebook but would rather it was linked to my daughters for social games etc.
3 REPLIES 3

As far as I know Oculus/Facebook doesn't control what's downloaded on any headset dependent on the game rating or account holder's age.

If your daughter has an account and the game is downloaded using that account, then I guess the assumption is that payment can't be made by anyone under the age of 18 as that's the minimum age for owning a credit card so the game can't be bought unless someone over 18 has authorised the use of their credit card... i.e. a parent has taken responsibility.

Steam has parental controls, again a parental responsibility to use and Oculus has PINs that all users can set on their own devices.

Things may change when Facebook introduce multi-user profiles, parental controls may be included but we don't have details yet.

I think what you definitely don't want to do is link a headset to your account if it's your daughter that's going to be using it, especially for social interaction, as that could trigger problems relating to user authenticity, they just don't want users represented as anyone other than themselves as that has safety implications for young people, amongst other potential problems, it's what could lead to an account being disabled.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I really want her to have it linked to her own FB. TWD is the game she's most looking forward to. It's for her Christmas but I want to check it works ok so will need to set it up for that. Don't want to find any problems in December.

Yep understood.