cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in downloading

Morssore
Explorer
Ive been trying to download the oculus app for Pc for 3 day's, But every time it's near competition, it stops and say's "Sorry, We encountered an error during installation. Please restart your computer and try running oculus setup again." I have seen this message about 19 times, And have reset my computer over 5 times, And even did a factory reset ( if that's what it's called ) and i still see the same message. Please can someone explain why the app wont download. 
11 REPLIES 11

BlisterFish
Explorer
Same here.  Exact same message.  Dead in the water...no Half Life.

Morssore
Explorer
Well, Hopefully a employee or some super smart fellow could help us both out.

Maelzagard
Honored Guest
Hey guys, I had the exact same problem this evening. I was able to resolve this by running the OculusSetup.exe as an Administrator (locate the .exe and then right-click > Run as Administrator)

Morssore
Explorer
Well, im thankful for a answer to my problem.. However Im still having the same problem. 

Morssore
Explorer
I even reset my computer and tried this again. Still the same message.

heatherppoool
Explorer
Any solutions to this friend?

BlisterFish
Explorer
SOLVED (For me?).

I made sure the headset was NOT plugged into pc when installing software.
I made sure ALL firewall/av apps were off.  (Found firewalls I didn't know existed).
I right-clicked the Oculus.exe file and ran as admin.
I stood on my left foot and farted loudly.

Some combination of these things worked.

Happy to respond to any questions.

Morssore
Explorer
Dont really know to to disable firewall apps

BlisterFish
Explorer

Morssore said:

Dont really know to to disable firewall apps

If you are in Windows 10, type in "Check Firewall Status" in your search bar (Bottom left near the Windows icon).

A global "firewall" menu will pop up.  Go through it and Unclick everything...Windows Defender, AVG (in my case), and any other Firewall program running.

Close out, and try to re-install the Oculus software.