cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing games after merging FB and Oculus accounts.

trevor42088
Honored Guest

I bought the quest 2 today, brought it home, signed into my facebook to set it up. Redownloaded my oculus software on my computer and signed into my Oculus account (using my email, as i never signed in using facebook on my computer VR stuff), and it asked me to merge accounts. I Did, and when it finished, i had no more games.

I attempt to sign into the account with my games, it tells me merged accounts and sign in with facebook. I sign in with facebook, no games.

My theory: At the very worst, i had two oculus accounts, one from 4 years ago on my GearVR that was connected to facebook and newer account when i bought my Rift S, that wasnt connected to facebook. I say this because the new merged account has games from 4 years ago i had on my gear VR, but no games that i played on my Rift S.

I had bought games like Blade and Sorcery, Walking Dead Saints and Sinners, Azgards Wrath... They are all gone now... 

14 REPLIES 14

trevor42088
Honored Guest
I filled out a ticket, and a rep emailed me and said they were looking into it. Ive posted in the oculus reddit as well and just keep getting people that think i dont understand i wont normally see PC VR games on my quest 2 headset. 

its about having a complete catalog of PCVR games disappear because they decided to merge one library over the other. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
If you merged the wrong Oculus account, then your other Oculus account with the Rift games should still exist and should still have those games. You won’t be able to merge that account to your current Facebook account, but if you sign out of your Facebook account in the PC app and figure out your Oculus account sign-in, you can use that account unmerged. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Karen-666
Honored Guest
Same problem here. I merged my Oculus and Facebook accounts, and lost my purchased games. Support has not been great - just told me to merge the accounts to see my games. It was merging the accounts that made me lose my games in the first place! Also, when I tried to add the username that I have used for years, it refused and said this username is already being used by an Oculus account. Yeah, mine! 

user_6012826257
Honored Guest
Same here, all games gone.

Tribb
Protege
Same here. I finally heard something from Oculus Support, but it is not fixed.

Jfpl
Explorer
I heard back from them today just saying sorry for the delay and they are still looking into it. Its now becoming a joke. Getting very fed up with the whole thing.

Banzai
Explorer
Same problem here ! 

Last october my Oculus account was suddenly signed out on my mobile phone. After signing in i noticed that all my Oculus games that i purchased before are gone. The games where in the headset, but i had to go to the website and choose that i still want to use my Oculus account. At the end nothing worked anymore. I had to factory reset my Quest and update the device. This is done and now I want to reinstall my two purchased games., but under my account these games are missing and I can only buy them again.

19 days ago I opened an ticket, after sending printscreens and confirmations they still didn't solve it.

My theory behind this problem is neutral:

What might possibly happen according to support is somehow magically an Facebook account is created and that the Oculus games are transferred to it. 

Again, I suddenly got an pop up screen in my Quest 1 starting this in october, forcing me to choose to keep my Oculus account or switch over to an Facebook account by logging into the Oculus website and choose. I did log in and I couldn't choose anything at all. This forced me to factory reset my Quest 1 and update the software and re link it to my Oculus account and then I noticed that my two Oculus games are not purchased anymore.

I know that all the Quest 2 owners are required to create an Facebook account and that all the Quest 1 owners can still use their Oculus account until 1 Jan. 2023 until they also are required to merge over to an Facebook account. 

I didn't choose merge over to an Facebook account and I have the feeling somehow this happend without my permission. 

Banzai
Explorer

Jfpl said:

I heard back from them today just saying sorry for the delay and they are still looking into it. Its now becoming a joke. Getting very fed up with the whole thing.

I also received that answer 7 days ago...

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Go/Gear games are not cross buy to quest 2 for compatibility issues.

For quest/Rift Games see the link below:
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/2335732183153590/

to change accounts if you used the wrong account, do not purchase any new game on the error account.
Using a computer web-browser, Not The App, go to the Oculus website and login with the inncorrect account.

Make sure this is the Oculus account YOU DO NOT WANT, because you are going to delete that account:
Go to Profile, Privacy Center, Delete Your Oculus Data

You will be brought to the Facebook site to complete the deletion.

Now you can log in to the Oculus App with your good Oculus account and link it to Facebook. Note: I had to delete the Oculus App cache.