cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Normal" experience attempting to purchase Elite Strap from Oculus Store

caliverse
Honored Guest
The following has been my experience when attempting to get my Elite Strap from Oculus, after having purchased it within the first hour it became available in the store.  Customer Support says this is a "normal" experience.  I offer it here without qualification, for transparency purposes.

c3lrgjkuqaky.jpg

16 REPLIES 16

caliverse
Honored Guest
(To read the chat in a separate tab, right-click on the image and open in a new tab.  Then you can zoom in to read it.))

HappenstanceUK
Explorer
I just feel sorry for Claire, you seem like a dick.

caliverse
Honored Guest
I started out nice, and never cussed.  She drove me crazy, and she did it on purpose.  Maybe it doesn't come across during reading, but she was giving zero information at the slowest trickle possible.  She would wait 30 seconds between responses, and every response was a repeat of her previous response.

Anyone who starts a conversation with the "D" word is not someone whose opinion I care to hear.  I thought Brits were more eloquent than that.

caliverse
Honored Guest
I feel sorry for Claire, too, that her company would put her in that position.  My complaint is not about Claire, but about how the company is handling my order, and the whole distribution process in general.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally i thought Claire kept her cool right the way through the process and pretty much gave you the info you needed to know in the first few questions anyway.. She confirmed it had not been delivered and was still being processed.. That at least would have put my mind at rest that it was not been lost.  
After that you lost it and everything else was pretty uncalled for IMHO.

caliverse
Honored Guest
Oh, I definitely lost it.  No argument there.  I admit I contributed my fair share of passive-aggressive comments, but only after it was clear what Claire was trying to do with the conversation.  When someone absolutely refuses to answer the simplest of questions, it can be quite unnerving.  I was so pissed by the end of the chat I had to schedule an extra kitten playtime therapy session!

I think you're missing the main point of why this is so frustrating.  I pre-ordered the item as early as humanly possible.  They indicated they delivered it, but they did not.  It is now a month after the pre-order, and I have no new information.  What's more, they also said I probably won't get it for YET ANOTHER MONTH!  I mean, come on man! 

Have you seen how much the Elite Strap with Battery is going for online right now?  It's clear what Oculus is doing.  They're pushing all their inventory through the grey markets to get top dollar, while the legitimate orders go to the back of the line.  It's shady.  That's why they offer no explanation for the delay.  Are you telling me you actually believe they really don't know what's going on with my item?

Anonymous
Not applicable

caliverse said:

I think you're missing the main point of why this is so frustrating.  I pre-ordered the item as early as humanly possible.  They indicated they delivered it, but they did not.  It is now a month after the pre-order.

Im not sure i am missing the point .. How long ago was the Quest 2 released 4 days ?
In theory its only 4 or 5 days late as the strap was released on the same day.
I understand that double checking that the strap had not been considered delivered their end which you promptly got the answer to but other than that ??

caliverse
Honored Guest
Not for another month still?  I see people already receiving theirs in other online forums.

Spyder17
Expert Protege
The Elite Strap with Battery will probably not ship until around the 5th of November.  I have received the Quest 2 but not the strap.  I checked with customer support and they said it should arrive on the 5th.  When I ordered I remember it saying something about a November shipping date.