cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Oculus Family

JackoWackoTaco
Honored Guest
We have three kids under 13.  How do you propose we set up all five Oculus 2's to play at the same time?  Can I have all 5 logged into my Facebook account at the same time?
Kids under 13 are not allowed to have a Facebook account.
It's against Facebook ToS to create multiple accounts for myself.
It seems anyone with a kid under 13 is going to be breaking Facebook ToS letting them use their Oculus 2 either logging in with the parent's account or lying about their age.
Anyone trying to play at the same time as their kid under 13, with multiple Oculus Quest 2's, are REALLY going to be breaking Facebook ToS.
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have three kids under 13.  How do you propose we set up all five Oculus 2's to play at the same time?  Can I have all 5 logged into my Facebook account at the same time?
It seems anyone with a kid under 13 is going to be breaking Facebook ToS letting them use their Oculus 2 either logging in with the parent's account or lying about their age.
Anyone trying to play at the same time as their kid under 13, with multiple Oculus Quest 2's, are REALLY going to be breaking Facebook ToS.

oh its not just Facebook's age limit to have an account you need to consider here..
The majority of VR headset manufacturers are setting age limits. The Oculus Rift and Samsung’s Gear VR headset have a 13+ age rating. Sony’s PlayStation VR is not to be used by children under the age of 12. And though HTC doesn’t specify an age limit, it does warn against allowing young children to use the Vive.

In short as far as Oculus / Facebook are concerned they should not be using it anyway.

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
I don't have a solution for the age issue, but I will try to help with another issue here. A small number of games can be used by headsets logged into the same headset. For example, Half + Half, Orbus Reborn, Rec Room. This is because they have you sign into an external account. So even though you are on the same Oculus/Facebook account, you can be on separate game accounts.

However, most multiplayer games will not let two people on the same account play together, so you would have to have an account for each person and purchase a copy of the game for each person. The good/bad news is that there still aren't a huge number of multiplayer games on the Quest yet.

Here is a link to the Social Apps https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/2147175465364724/

As far as the age issue, I don't know if I have a recommendation.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Obviously i assume the age limit is their policy on using the headsets and not written in stone but that would probably be their response .. They would say once they are over 13 they can create a Facebook account and use the headsets.
😞

A10Pilot
Protege

There is no way to do it afaik. Facebook is not for kids. I am sorry.

carrotstien
Protege
update:

looks like they are sayng it's ok now :
https://twitter.com/OculusSupport/status/1320439489278476288