cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally Merged wrong oculus account to facebook account, need to merge in correct account

starkca3
Explorer
Title pretty much says it...my partner accidentally merged in the wrong oculus account to her facebook account and now we dont have any of her purchases on the app...tried just merging in the correct account but apparently that isnt allowed. Also cant unmerge, or simply login to the quest 2 with the old account (facebook account is required)....

Any ideas? I can't find where to contact facebook/oculus about unmerging so we can remerge the correct account...
29 REPLIES 29

Dr_Heartwell
Honored Guest
This happened to me as well and I've gotten the run around since day 1 on the 13th. They never get back to me. I have a useless headset now. No God damn way I'm starting over with my oculus account! This is the worst customer service/support I've ever seen... and this shouldn't even be a problem allowed to even make!! I'm disgusted by Facebook/Oculus 

Jfpl
Explorer
Contacted customer support yet again today and went through the same old things with them only to be told we will look into this and they will get back to me in 72-96 hours which they never seem to do. How can they just ignore so many people with what should be a very easy fix. This is becoming very tiresome and is showing them up to have very very bad customer service. I wonder how many headsets have been returned because of the lack of customer service. I’m thinking of getting a refund now which i really dont want to as i think they have a really good product her but it is sorely let down by the lack of help from Oculus support. Will leave it a few more days and if i hear nothing and they haven’t resolved this issue i will have to say goodbye to them. I hope others here have some luck and are able to post some positive messages,fingers crossed.

Jfpl
Explorer
Has anyone had there Facebook/Oculus user profiles resolved for the Quest 2 yet?

RedIze
Explorer

jknepfle
Honored Guest
I'm also having this problem

RedIze
Explorer
everyone is having this problem.. time for a class action suit

starkca3
Explorer
still waiting Oculus, pls help...

Phonfon
Honored Guest
Mines just got fixed so hopefully you're guys can finally play as well 

N-1-C-0
Honored Guest
I have the exact same problem i accidentaly merged the wrong FB account with my oculus account and i cant undo it. Should i even bother to ask for help from Oculus?

starkca3
Explorer

Phonfon said:

Mines just got fixed so hopefully you're guys can finally play as well 

Nothing for me yet 😞 still bricked.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?