cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 w/ Elite Strap Not Comfortable

Woobisah
Honored Guest
Maybe it is just me, but even with the Elite strap, and the VR cover, I'm finding the Quest 2 to be pretty uncomfortable.  I'm thinking it is the lack of padding in the back.  Hopefully someone comes up with something.   I'm coming from the WMR Samsung Quest 2 and while it is heavier, I could go forever with it on.
16 REPLIES 16

Marvinator_D
Explorer
I have the standard strap and I dont have any comfort problems, everywhere I see reviews of ppl complaining but it doesn't bother me at all

xSTONEMANx
Expert Protege
I purchased the elite strap and also found it uncomfortable so I returned it for the elite strap with battery and it is far more comfortable.

scopus321
Expert Protege
i found the stock strap surprisingly comfortable. With the headset being lighter it just doesnt kill my face like the original quest did, plus the benefit of being able to lay down without a bulge on the back is big plus 

hhammer57
Honored Guest
I agree with the fact that the Elite strap is very uncomfortable, even painful. I ordered both at the same time and installed the Elite before using it. I found it quite bulky and, after playing for about an hour developed a super headache. The next day I installed the original strap and found it to be much more comfortable and totally secure and sufficient, much easier to get on and off. I will return my Elite strap for a refund. 

sjschlueter
Explorer
I'm disappointed in my comfort and visual experience with Quest 2 vs the original Quest.  I have an IPD of I believe around 67, and the 3 position lens adjustment doesn't seem to work well for me.  The resolution is visibly higher than the original quest, but I get more "god rays," and general visual comfort is lower (like eye strain).  and I do not wear glasses.
The headset itself with the original strap doesn't sit well on my face.  I have to have it very tight to appear clear, and it seems like it is tilted back a bit much (like it needs thicker padding above the eyes).
When I switch back to my Quest 1 for comparison, it just fits better, and the strap seems more solid.
My elite strap has not arrived yet, so I'm still hoping for improvements with that.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I realise that everyone is different but I suspect a lot of problems some people are having with the Q2 Elite headband is because they have not spent enough time adjusting it properly and maybe doing a couple of easy mods.  This is part of a full review I recently did covering the Elite headband;

Comfort-wise, I'm very happy with my Q2 Elite headband (one without battery pack). I attached a 10000mahr external battery pack (that I was using with my Q1) with a couple of 3/4" velcro straps on the lower rear rubber head cup and this balances things out great. Big plus is that this positions the battery below the plastic headband and in the crook of your neck. So, it does not get in the way of the rear adjustment knob, nor does it get in the way of a high chair back.

Also, I added a 3/4" velcro strap around the front of the headband, just rear of the Q2 speakers, and over the top front of my head. Then tensioned this a little to take any remaining weight off the faceplate.  Sorry, no pics but the idea of this extra strap mainly came from Zen in very early Q1 days and also this top strap sold by kiwi;

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B081V8W4ZQ?pf_rd_r=SGNAGC0RAW5VE4W6PZAP&pf_rd_p=558ffe22-ad34-4...

The difference for me is that I used thinner 3/4" velcro strapping and position it a bit farther forward so it help take weight off the headset a little better.

My Q2 now feels like it is just floating on my face now, with very little pressure. Probably the most comfortable VR headset I currently own now (Rift cv1, Q1, Q2, Vive Pro).
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Masterze
Honored Guest

For me the elit strap are very painful after 1 hours! I try every position and I feel like the silicone is pushing really hard on the back of my head even when the strap is loose or tight ! 

on any headband I have tested I find the original Oculus Quest 2 headband to be very comfortable and you won't feel it. the problem is when you make fast head mouvement the headset moves.