cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite Strap breaking?

rbhamilton
Explorer
Hey people.  I ordered my Elite Strap and it's due to arrive in a couple days.  But I have seen now 26 documented posts with photos of the plastic breaking - all in about the same spot.  Is the strap OK?  It's expensive enough that it should be really decent.  Is this a widespread manufacturing defect?  A bad batch?  Some kind of user abuse?  
96 REPLIES 96

vududeman
Expert Protege
I have the elite strap with battery--which you think is under more pressure with the back weight.  Curious if there have been reports of issues with that as well.  Mine has been fine for the short time I've had it.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
More Snapping news here 😉

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-quest-2-elite-strap-snapping/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
That explains the removal from the store.
Defective manufacturing.

Keitaroryu
Honored Guest
Explains why my order for my elite battery strap has been "processing for shipment" for the past week. 

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

That explains the removal from the store.
Defective manufacturing.

The old problem of a failure in Quality Assurance. See from the past:

- Red screen failure
- Dead Pixels
- Bricked headset
- Speaker Failure
- Controller Battery door problem
- Controller trigger problem
- Scratched lenses
- Cable failure

All examples of how difficult batched fabrication manufacturer is, and the need for a good QA team.

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wouldnt be so bad if they made some announcements about the issues at the moment but its radio silence.
Doesnt matter how big you are lose your public confidence and your done.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
And they want £50 for the strap alone.........maybe someone should educate them on the defination of "Elite". lol

But just a little tip for those who might still have their Vive laying about, as the default Vive strap can sit inside the default Q2 strap and actually make it much for comfortable, and it also covers those two horrible metal clips that slowly bore into the back of your head after 10 mins. 😉
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

Wouldnt be so bad if they made some announcements about the issues at the moment but its radio silence.
Doesnt matter how big you are lose your public confidence and your done.

This has always been their way. Isn't it the way of many of the biggest firms these days? They are too big to care if they lose a few customers over a niche product or service - drop in the ocean.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has always been their way. Isn't it the way of many of the biggest firms these days? They are too big to care if they lose a few customers over a niche product or service - drop in the ocean.

Well ye Facebook might but who cares about them. Its the Oculus name and product that suffers.
Commodore thought they were on top of the world and were once .. once 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah so I see we now have a "Strap-gate" with Quest 2.