cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My oculus quest 2 fan stopped workingAnd I don’t know how to fix it

Gman2900
Honored Guest
All I was doing was playing wreck rec room and then bam, the message popped up saying my cooling fan is not functioning properly and told me to go here. Can someone please help me 
7 REPLIES 7

PITTCANNA
Visionary
i doubt an error told you to seek the help of people on the internet.

That said you could try a factory reset 

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.
  2. Tap Settings in the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.
  4. Tap More Settings.
  5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

open an rma via help ticket

or try and mess with it for your self
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/75693/check-out-this-teardown-of-quest-2-headset/index.html

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

Gman2900 said:

All I was doing was playing wreck rec room and then bam, the message popped up saying my cooling fan is not functioning properly and told me to go here. Can someone please help me 

Do not do as the other person mentioned and mess with it as it voids warranty, if it can not be sorted send it back for a refund or replacement

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Gman2900 said:

Do not do as the other person mentioned and mess with it as it voids warranty, if it can not be sorted send it back for a refund or replacement

I gave him 2 other options rma or factory reset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot void your warranty by resetting your device back to factory settings, that's just silly.
Its there for a reason to try first if all else fails with any problem. 

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Don't bother messing with anything if your already getting a faulty hardware error, that may just end up postponing the inevitable, return to retailer as soon as for either a new one or a full refund.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
First thing Oculus Support is likely to ask you to do is a Factory Reset so you might as well do this to begin with. They will probably also ask you if you are using the charger at the same time you are playing and how long were you playing when you saw this message.

If the problem persists then start a ticket and tell them that you have already tried a factory reset and the problem persisted. This should help speed things up imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have same issue have not even had a gaming session on mine yet..