cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus link not working

gamingchair453
Honored Guest
So I was getting ready to hop on oculus quest. I plugged in the oculus link. The oculus link button didnt show up so I started plugging the oculus link into different usb ports. Still didnt show up. Then I restarted my computer. Still didnt show up. "General device problem" That's what it said. I dont know what to do anymore. Anybody have any suggestions for what I could do?
10 REPLIES 10

Mokuaquerell
Explorer
what USB ports do you have?

gamingchair453
Honored Guest
Uh I dont know what they're called but they are usb 3.0 it says 

Yeah common problem , me and many others have the same issue , 90% it's laptop related 
but it's not the hardware issue -  Quest 1 works fine (oficiall link cable)  but Quest 2 is just charging and nothing more
they will probably fix it in OS 21 or 22 

gamingchair453
Honored Guest
Oh ok, thank you very much for your help. 

sonicnerd14
Protege
I'm having a similar problem, except for me the option shows up, but the Oculus app doesn't want to start up on my Q2. It just errors out saying that the Oculus Link was unable to start.

The weird part is the very first time I tried Link it worked, and then all of a sudden it stopped working with that cable. I tried a different cable, it worked, then stopped working again. Now no cable works at all. Tried my other PC get the exact same issues, and in fact wouldn't even work at all there. Bought another cable similar to the official link cable that people said worked on their Quest, take a guess..... doesn't work.

Software seems very bug still, they really need to sort this out stuff out before a new product launches.

Lukasz_T
Explorer
I download Oculus App for Windows https://www.oculus.com/setup/   logged in and joined Public Test Chanell while Quest being plugged in,  let the updates complete in the app,  my laptop says its incompatible but it works,  I also used platform tools.  Its on the new computer,  I suggest a Vr ready computer

sonicnerd14
Protege

Lukasz_T said:

I download Oculus App for Windows https://www.oculus.com/setup/   logged in and joined Public Test Chanell while Quest being plugged in,  let the updates complete in the app,  my laptop says its incompatible but it works,  I also used platform tools.  Its on the new computer,  I suggest a Vr ready computer

Having a VR ready PC isn't the problem here. At least for me, my desktop has a Ryzen 7 2700x and Nvidia RTX 2070, and my laptop has a Nvidia 1660 ti and Intel i5 9300.

After trying 3 or 4 different cables that I know has compatibility with Link I can conclude it is software error, and not user error. Simply because it works for you doesn't mean problems don't exist for other users that are doing things correctly.

Also, in my case I've repaired and reinstalled the Oculus app multiple times, still doesn't work. The Oculus app just has shotty coding. There's always some issue that comes up occasionally with my CV1 as well. At this point I just use Virtual Desktop because it works far better than Link, which is "official" software from Oculus, but I need Link to test things. It just sucks this crap always happens, and Oculus never communicates or acknowleges problems like these.

Lukasz_T
Explorer
I hope they fix problems for everybody

Abeisinsane
Honored Guest
Yeab seems to be c-c that wont work on my  laptop but it works fine with c-a cable. Hope the do fix this problem, if not I have a 16ft changing cable lol