cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I missing something?

DaveA
Honored Guest
Just unboxed the Rift, got right into Tuscany, awesome.

But wait, where is that Medieval Village Demo? I can't seem to find that. Any other demos?

Also weren't there supposed to be some games shipped WITH the kit? Or do we go through Steam for that? Like Hawken I saw at GDC?
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
There was a kickstarter post about the included game. Doom III that support oculus rift isn't out yet. So they sent out an email. Backers should be able to login to their order status page and opt to get game credits. Those credits can be used later to hopefully purchase doom III when it's released. (assuming it's released. ) OR those credits can be used to buy another game.

If you look in the sub forum "works in progress" you might want to check out "Proton Pulse Rift". It's a demo some one put together for a 3d pong game that controlled using the rift.

On steam team fortress 2 support Rift.

A 3rd party, open source group has created vireio drivers. The vireio open source community seems to be working on making these drivers work for a handful of games. the current vernon of the driver, and instructions to use it, and be found on http://www.vireio.com/ . there a list of supported games on http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=15570 .

Anonymous
Not applicable
The other demo you're referring to is Unreal Citadel. Although it's not the snowy version.

You'll need to download the UDK SDK and install the full version to get the Citadel demo.

Have a look here to get tips on setting it up to run

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=225

For other demos look in the Oculus ready Games and demo forums here.

HTH

Conz
Explorer
You have to start the game with "Start this level on PC" in UDK.
The F11 switches only to fullscreen for me.
I have to open the console and have to type "stereo on" and "hmdwarp on".
Next time I press "start on PC" the stereo and warping is on, until I restart UDK.

You can also change the "*Engine.ini" file

[Engine.Stereo3D]
bEnabled=True

DaveA
Honored Guest
Thanks. Also there was some sort of mountain-top little city with a hot-air balloon floating near it. Did I dream that or did I actually have it running a couple weeks ago on my machine watching it all eye-strained? Where is that to be found?

Inscothen
Explorer
are you talking about UNIGINE Engine?

drash
Heroic Explorer
If there's a statue of a dragon in there, then yeah you're thinking of the Heaven benchmark for the Unigine engine. Sit tight, I think Unigine Rift support is on its way (but not sure if it will make it into the benchmarks themselves).
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

DaveA
Honored Guest
"Inscothen" wrote:
are you talking about UNIGINE Engine?

Ah that was it. So many demos recently, one gets lost.