New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070, 3080 & 3090 HAVE ARRIVED (LEAKED PICS AND BENCHMARKS)

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,041 Valuable Player
    Here's RTX 3070 vs 2080 Ti in VR - in short there really is no performance difference, so 3070 is just a cheaper 2080 Ti:

https://babeltechreviews.com/vr-wars-the-rtx-3070-vs-the-rtx-2080-ti-fcat-vr-performance-benchmarked/

That said, maybe you can find a few examples of 11GB being better than 8GB, maybe with high levels of ss, but that's just theory without any solid evidence for now.  
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    edited November 9
    dburne said:
    It has arrived... woohoo!

Maybe Lone Echo no longer crashes - even all maxed out  B)

Rift-S ss 2.0 might be possible - Asgard's Wrath Rift-S ss 1.5 (or 2.0) Epic setting might be an interesting challenge. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• dburnedburne Posts: 4,287 Valuable Player
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:

Maybe Lone Echo no longer crashes now - even all maxed out  B)

Don't hold much hope for Lone Echo - all the different games I have and run regularly on my system, Lone Echo is only one that crashes immediately upon starting it. And zero support from Devs. Waste of money and doubt I will ever install it again.
    Having too much fun with other games now anyway.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    dburne said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:

Don't hold much hope for Lone Echo - all the different games I have and run regularly on my system, Lone Echo is only one that crashes immediately upon starting it. And zero support from Devs. Waste of money and doubt I will ever install it again.

Lone Echo is rock solid on my rig - with a heavily oc'ed GTX 1080, just wondering if you experienced some rare incompatibility with the 2080 Ti. Could of course be caused by some other hardware or software conflicts. 

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,351 Valuable Player
    edited November 9
    dburne said:

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
    edited November 9
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:

Lone Echo is rock solid on my rig - with a heavily oc'ed GTX 1080, just wondering if you experienced some rare incompatibility with the 2080 Ti. Could of course be caused by some other hardware or software conflicts. 
    Doubtful, I have too many other game running solid as a rock on this rig since building it in Jan 2019.
    No other game or program has exhibited nary a glitch, unlike the crash to desktop with a bugsplat message Lone Echo would always give me as soon as I would start to play it.
    Maybe I will install again with this new GPU just to see - don't have much interest in playing it any more though. 
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 2,302 Valuable Player
    Very nice. I love my 3090. Every graphical game I've run so far has been such an improvement in 4k over my GTX 1080 that I quit caring about the cost. I've had zero issues with it so far in the 25 or so games I've played since I got it early last month. I'm waiting for Reverb to show up before I jump back into Flight sims but if you play some with it with a different headset I'd love to hear your experience.
    Been working on my GPU overclock on my new 3090 FTW3 Ultra.
    Looks like I am settling in at +169 on the GPU clock, looking good stressing it in Time Spy.
    Looks like GPU temp topping out around 60c. Not bad at all.
    Max Power draw total on my rig I am seeing is around 670w at peaks. EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w seems to be handling it like a pro.

Will work on the mem clock some tomorrow.
    Hope to get into some serious flight and racing simming with it soon. I want to get settled in on a nice stable overclock first.
    Don

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,041 Valuable Player
    @dburne Not sure why you don't just start off with stock clocks?  Should be more stable imho.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,952 Valuable Player
    TomCgcmfc said:
    @dburne Not sure why you don't just start off with stock clocks?  Should be more stable imho.
    Couldn't agree more, if you have the fastest card available, how does it need to be overclocked? Did they just release new games that need even more powerful cards within minutes of the 30 series launch? Guess some people just need to fiddle with things.....
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

Richooal said:
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Couldn't agree more, if you have the fastest card available, how does it need to be overclocked? Did they just release new games that need even more powerful cards within minutes of the 30 series launch? Guess some people just need to fiddle with things.....
    Ya, and then end up complaining that certain apps do not run properly or crash.  I fiddled around with my gtx1080ti clocks, including ram.  With X Plane 11 in VR all this amounted to was a couple of fps improvement and less stability.  Went back to stock clocks and all has been well since.

I've actually read more reports (sorry I cannot find these right now) about guys underclocking/undervolting 3090's to get better overall performance stability for extended use apps. 

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

Richooal said:
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Where's the fun in that?
     ;) 
    As I have done with both CPU and GPU for more years than I care to remember, I like to push them just a little more. But not to the point of instability, I always back off of that.

Yeah I have seen some feedback on the undervolting as well, might check that out also. Will see how it does when I have some serious gaming time.
    Don

For me, a little light overclocking of my i9 9900k water cooled to 5Ghz on all cores with hyperthreading disabled works well and is very stable.  GPU overclocking, not so well, lol!

TomCgcmfc said:
    For me, a little light overclocking of my i9 9900k water cooled to 5Ghz on all cores with hyperthreading disabled works well and is very stable.  GPU overclocking, not so well, lol!
    Have mine at 5.2 GHz all cores, also HT disabled.
    Using a Corsair H150i Pro water cooler.
    Don

• pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 2,302 Valuable Player
    edited November 10
    I have my 3090 OC'd a bit as well and haven't had any issues so don't feel bad Dburne lol. I settled for a Gigabyte Eagle OC which comes with a mild overclock already 1725 or something but I bumped it up to 1800 (approx) and it's been smooth. It starts losing stability around 1850 from what I can tell but I'm happy with it. I will probably keep it at 1800 for its life.

I had an opportunity to grab this early because everyone was running away from Gigabytes due to the capacitor stuff so I pounced and rolled the dice and so far couldn't be happier. I didn't want to spend more than $1500 on a 3090 so the eagle OC fit the bill nicely.

This was a shot when I first opened it. I've remounted the 3090 since this as it was sagging here after shipment and it's straighter now.

Nice looking setup!

I have been benching, stressing and working on overclock since getting it yesterday.
    I am up to  +169 on GPU and +550 on vram. It hits 2160 MHz during benchmark, will see what it does in game.
    Looking good so far,  now to test it in some games finally.
    Don

Ah the display driver crashed during a flight in IL-2 so I backed off the overclock some and it did fine.
    +145 on GPU clock, took out the Mem overclock and it did great.
    GPU was boosting to 2100 MHz with GPU temp 52-53c during the mission. Not bad.

Don

edited November 10
    dburne said:
    Ah the display driver crashed during a flight in IL-2 so I backed off the overclock some and it did fine.

Asgard's Wrath, Epic setting, Rift-S ss 2.0 - we're waiting, thank you!  :)  B)

PS. Just kidding, Stormland, Ultra setting with real time shadows is ok too - Rift-S ss 2.0  ;)

RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:

PS. Just kidding, Stormland, Ultra setting with real time shadows is ok too - Rift-S ss 2.0  ;)

Asgard's Wrath - I might can help you out sometime in the next few days. SS 2.0? Why so high?
    Stormland - no, don't have that one sorry.
    Don

Looks like a rtx3080ti 20Gb card is due to be released Jan/2021 for us$999.  I'll attach the link but you'll probably need to translate it.  With my Google browser I just right click on it and select translate.

https://www.hkepc.com/19893/20GB_GDDR6X__

Exactly what I was hoping for.  Hopefully they will make enough of these so I can actually buy one, lol!

TomCgcmfc said:
    Looks like a rtx3080ti 20Gb card is due to be released Jan/2021 for us$999.  I'll attach the link but you'll probably need to translate it.  With my Google browser I just right click on it and select translate.

https://www.hkepc.com/19893/20GB_GDDR6X__

Exactly what I was hoping for.  Hopefully they will make enough of these so I can actually buy one, lol!
    That will probably be the sweet spot of card to get for enthusiast.
    Also going to be interesting to hear how the 6800xt will perform.
    Don

edited November 11
    dburne said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:

Asgard's Wrath - I might can help you out sometime in the next few days. SS 2.0? Why so high?
    Rift-S ss 2.0 seems to be optimal - ss 2.5 seems too high (=too little gained compared to the massive gpu burden), and ss 1.5 is way too low:

RIFT-S (TestHMD - Visual Acuity - view distance)
    Ss 1.0 = 2.5 meters (Saami)
    Ss 1.5 = 3.0 meters (Saami)
    Ss 2.0 = 4.0 - 4.25 meters (Saami & Lensmandave)
    Ss 2.5 = 4.50 meters (Lensmandave)

Clearly ss 1.5 is a long shot from optimal visual acuity with the Rift-S. Thus 80 fps with Rift-S ss 2.0 seems to be close to the best experience Rift-S is going to provide. 2c. 

Similarly, Index res 200% may be close to optimal as further res increase may not provide any visible image improvement.

RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:

Rift-S ss 2.0 seems to be optimal - ss 2.5 seems too high (=too little gained compared to the massive gpu burden), and ss 1.5 is way too low:

Clearly ss 1.5 is a long shot from optimal visual acuity with the Rift-S. Thus 80 fps with Rift-S ss 2.0 seems to be close to the best experience Rift-S is going to provide. 2c. 

Similarly, Index res 200% may be close to optimal as further res increase may not provide any visible image improvement.

1.5 SS for Rift S too low?
    I could see that for CV1 but would think that is pretty good for the Rift S.
    No worries, I will test SS 2.0 when I get to it.
    Don

edited November 12
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:

SS 2.0 with Epic Settings doing good.
    Spent a few minutes in combat with no problem.
    Also keep in mind I am running on a pretty stout rig, i9 9900k at 5.2 GHz on all cores.
    Don

dburne said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:

Awesome - and ss 2.0 looks nice? If possible, could you activate the Oculus Tray Tool performance HUD to be sure you're getting solid 80 fps? (I know I'm asking a lot, I fully understand if you don't have the time to do that). 

Also, in Alyx using Ultra settings - and having fpsVR turned on - could be interesting to hear the maximum mem use (DirectX, not Vulkan - Vulkan uses less) - just to see if you can go beyond 15GB or so. I know a 2080 Ti user measured 10.2 out of 11GB. 

RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:

Awesome - and ss 2.0 looks nice? If possible, could you activate the Oculus Tray Tool performance HUD to be sure you're getting solid 80 fps? (I know I'm asking a lot, I fully understand if you don't have the time to do that). 

Also, in Alyx using Ultra settings - and having fpsVR turned on - could be interesting to hear the maximum mem use (DirectX, not Vulkan - Vulkan uses less) - just to see if you can go beyond 15GB or so. I know a 2080 Ti user measured 10.2 out of 11GB. 
    Yes it looked great, but really to me it always does.
    Ok will try and report back.
    Don

edited November 12
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:

Ok Asgard's again with Performance HUD on. SS 2.0 with Epic settings.

Mostly constant 80 fps - except, when I was confronted with about 5 enemies and got into a big sword fight.
    It still pretty much held 80 fps until a guy had blood gushing all out as he died, or if he was exploding.
    Then it would very briefly go down to 40 fps, but then right back up to 80 fps once he was gone and I continued fighting the others. Typically when one was in process of dyeing was when it would drop to 40 fps. Or a big explosion. 

Certainly vast majority of time it was at 80 fps. 
    Will try to check Alyx a little later on, might be tomorrow afternoon though ( golfing in am).
    Provided the Reverb G2 does not get here early tomorrow - then all bets are off lol.
    Don

edited November 12
    dburne said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    dburne said:

Ok Asgard's again with Performance HUD on. SS 2.0 with Epic settings.

Mostly constant 80 fps - except, when I was confronted with about 5 enemies and got into a big sword fight.
    It still pretty much held 80 fps until a guy had blood gushing all out as he died, or if he was exploding.
    Then it would very briefly go down to 40 fps, but then right back up to 80 fps once he was gone and I continued fighting the others. Typically when one was in process of dyeing was when it would drop to 40 fps. Or a big explosion. 

Certainly vast majority of time it was at 80 fps. 
    Will try to check Alyx a little later on, might be tomorrow afternoon though ( golfing in am).
    Provided the Reverb G2 does not get here early tomorrow - then all bets are off lol.

That is amazing - I'm getting more or less a constant 45 fps CV1 ss 1.8 in Asgard's Wrath. CV1 ss 2.0 is too much for the GTX 1080, as it can dive below 45 fps (Epic settings). 
    Revive and G2 may be different beasts, lol, but Rift-S ss 2.0 is very demanding too, and G2 may not need so much ss.