cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia RTX 3050, 3060 (Ti), 3070 (Ti), 3080 (Ti) & 3090 (Ti) HAVE ARRIVED (INFO AND BENCHMARKS)

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
TweakTown Enlarged Image

It seems like we'll get:

The new Ampere-based GeForce RTX 3000 series cards will reportedly offer more VRAM on all cards, so we could see: 

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 12GB 
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - 12GB 
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti - 16GB.

Maybe reduced power consumption due to 7nm. And maybe the best - if it's true:

NVIDIA is reportedly set to offer its next-gen GeForce RTX 3000 serieds at cheaper prices than the current-gen GeForce RTX 2000 series, which would be interesting. NVIDIA faced considerable backlash with the pricing on its GeForce RTX 2000 series, even though they still sold like hotcakes a price reduction is always welcome.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/68455/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-more-vram-way-faster-cheaper/index.h...

Expected - maybe - in the first half of 2020:

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-next-generation-ampere-7nm-graphics-cards-landing-1h-2020/ 

Some shots of RTX 3090s:

15022021-3

15022021-4

15022021-6

15022021-7

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

1,405 REPLIES 1,405

Anonymous
Not applicable
My turn in the Que came up yesterday for an EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra.
Got that bad boy on order and should be here by Monday.

Much thanks to EVGA they really went above and beyond for their customers on this release.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Here's RTX 3070 vs 2080 Ti in VR - in short there really is no performance difference, so 3070 is just a cheaper 2080 Ti:

https://babeltechreviews.com/vr-wars-the-rtx-3070-vs-the-rtx-2080-ti-fcat-vr-performance-benchmarked...

That said, maybe you can find a few examples of 11GB being better than 8GB, maybe with high levels of ss, but that's just theory without any solid evidence for now.  

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Anonymous
Not applicable
It has arrived... woohoo!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

dburne said:

Maybe Lone Echo no longer crashes - even all maxed out  B)

Rift-S ss 2.0 might be possible - Asgard's Wrath Rift-S ss 1.5 (or 2.0) Epic setting might be an interesting challenge. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

RuneSR2 said:

dburne said:

Maybe Lone Echo no longer crashes now - even all maxed out  B)

Don't hold much hope for Lone Echo - all the different games I have and run regularly on my system, Lone Echo is only one that crashes immediately upon starting it. And zero support from Devs. Waste of money and doubt I will ever install it again.
Having too much fun with other games now anyway.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

dburne said:

RuneSR2 said:

dburne said:

Don't hold much hope for Lone Echo - all the different games I have and run regularly on my system, Lone Echo is only one that crashes immediately upon starting it. And zero support from Devs. Waste of money and doubt I will ever install it again.

Lone Echo is rock solid on my rig - with a heavily oc'ed GTX 1080, just wondering if you experienced some rare incompatibility with the 2080 Ti. Could of course be caused by some other hardware or software conflicts. 

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

dburne said:

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RuneSR2 said:

dburne said:

RuneSR2 said:

dburne said:

Lone Echo is rock solid on my rig - with a heavily oc'ed GTX 1080, just wondering if you experienced some rare incompatibility with the 2080 Ti. Could of course be caused by some other hardware or software conflicts. 

Doubtful, I have too many other game running solid as a rock on this rig since building it in Jan 2019.
No other game or program has exhibited nary a glitch, unlike the crash to desktop with a bugsplat message Lone Echo would always give me as soon as I would start to play it.
Maybe I will install again with this new GPU just to see - don't have much interest in playing it any more though. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
She is in her new home:

pyroth309
Visionary
Very nice. I love my 3090. Every graphical game I've run so far has been such an improvement in 4k over my GTX 1080 that I quit caring about the cost. I've had zero issues with it so far in the 25 or so games I've played since I got it early last month. I'm waiting for Reverb to show up before I jump back into Flight sims but if you play some with it with a different headset I'd love to hear your experience.