Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 23.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
These features and enhancements will become available starting on 11/13/2020

Oculus Link
  • Oculus Link is now out of beta! In addition to the beta exit, we’ve added the following features that let you crank up the visuals by fine-tuning the following graphics preferences:
    • You can now set your refresh rate to 72hz/80hz/90hz.
      • Please note that USB-3 is required for 80hz and 90hz support.
    • You can now adjust your render resolution for even better visuals.
    • Learn more about these new features in our Graphics Preferences article. 
73 REPLIES 73

philneitz
Protege
Made a video about manually updating Quest 2 and PC Software sorry for my bad english
Intel i9 9900K @4,8GHz
32GB DDR4 3700
GIGABYTE Aorus Pro WiFi
RTX 3080
Quest 1 + 2

Wardogc81
Protege
umm for the the image quality is trash i got the update for the pc and installed manually on the quest 2 with the video above i have a 1080ti and i7700k if i go tot the bitrate cannot go even to 200MB because the tracking stutter so not sure whats wrong but definetly image is not improved and the OVR tool tells me the resolution on quest 2 display is 18xx by 1920 if i put the graphics to the top it doesnt increase it increases only on the layer indicator.

very extrange i dont see any better image, way worst than Virtual desktop sadly

Rosto79
Protege
How do I install V23?? I am on PTC v23 now.. but when I disable PTC it installs V21... When I download the software from Oculus site it's also v21....

Genericat
Expert Protege

saint_cow said:

I have them, I unticked PTC the other day so was on 21, today I reticked PTC and the v23 it download came with the not that link is now out of beta etc. I have the different refresh rates option plus the slider to increase render resolution. Now bitrate seems to default to 500Mbps, haven't done much testing but a quick look at a couple of games and the update seems significantly better, definitely smoother as well.

PTC?

Adapto
Protege
Public test channel

PITTCANNA
Visionary
All just be patient, updates are on rolling basis, not everyone gets it day one or two.  This is due to server limitations.  You will get the update by the end of next week.

mick45987
Honored Guest
Same problem here...thick PTC to get v23 but in Graphics Preference it show only 72Hz (Recommended), Automatic (Recommended) is thick and Render Resolution (4128x2176) is grey out. If I untick the Automatic selection I then can change the Render Resolution from 1.0x to 1.3x but the refresh rate remains at 72Hz whithout any option for 90Hz...
I try unticking PTC to go back to v21 and rejoin PTC for another try at v23 but same result...There is no 90Hz selection...
I'm using the Oculus cable and it was detected as USB 3.
BTW where can I found the bitrate?

PITTCANNA
Visionary

mick45987 said:

Same problem here...thick PTC to get v23 but in Graphics Preference it show only 72Hz (Recommended), Automatic (Recommended) is thick and Render Resolution (4128x2176) is grey out. If I untick the Automatic selection I then can change the Render Resolution from 1.0x to 1.3x but the refresh rate remains at 72Hz whithout any option for 90Hz...
I try unticking PTC to go back to v21 and rejoin PTC for another try at v23 but same result...There is no 90Hz selection...
I'm using the Oculus cable and it was detected as USB 3.
BTW where can I found the bitrate?

bitrate is in the oculus debug tool
so you have to open the bitrate via the file explorer click on oculus in the programs, then click support then diagnostics, then you will see the occulus debug tool

so if you are ptc you wont be able to adjust frame rate and rend render resolution thru the main app.

but if the rollout is not availabe in your area you will revert to 21 if you click leave test channel.

tanubon
Heroic Explorer
please add correct version number.

23.0.0. what?

WebMetalReese
Protege
I come  here for the rift - see finally v.23 is out and its alllll about the quest and link. 
What bothers me even more is that when you read up on the CV1 it specs at 90, so hopefully if it ever does decide to update to 23, it won't give me that option since I don't have a quest. 
I'm not sure it's going to end up like that though, since they still haven't fixed the misleading sensor indicators for the USB errors for well over a year now, I think it's finally time to accept that they've given up on older HMD's. 

Thats 100% fine - but give me the option to roll my software back to when it worked with my CV1. Please!