Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 23.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
These features and enhancements will become available starting on 11/13/2020

Oculus Link
  • Oculus Link is now out of beta! In addition to the beta exit, we’ve added the following features that let you crank up the visuals by fine-tuning the following graphics preferences:
    • You can now set your refresh rate to 72hz/80hz/90hz.
      • Please note that USB-3 is required for 80hz and 90hz support.
    • You can now adjust your render resolution for even better visuals.
    • Learn more about these new features in our Graphics Preferences article. 
73 REPLIES 73

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I come  here for the rift - see finally v.23 is out and its alllll about the quest and link. 
What bothers me even more is that when you read up on the CV1 it specs at 90, so hopefully if it ever does decide to update to 23, it won't give me that option since I don't have a quest. 
I'm not sure it's going to end up like that though, since they still haven't fixed the misleading sensor indicators for the USB errors for well over a year now, I think it's finally time to accept that they've given up on older HMD's. 

Thats 100% fine - but give me the option to roll my software back to when it worked with my CV1. Please!

It still works fine with my cv1 so I'm not sure why you are complaining?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

YoLolo69
Trustee
Agree, even if I find this USB2.0 warning annoying, my CV1 still work fine, and I never noticed a difference versus when it detect my port as USB 3.0.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

WebMetalReese
Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

I come  here for the rift - see finally v.23 is out and its alllll about the quest and link. 
What bothers me even more is that when you read up on the CV1 it specs at 90, so hopefully if it ever does decide to update to 23, it won't give me that option since I don't have a quest. 
I'm not sure it's going to end up like that though, since they still haven't fixed the misleading sensor indicators for the USB errors for well over a year now, I think it's finally time to accept that they've given up on older HMD's. 

Thats 100% fine - but give me the option to roll my software back to when it worked with my CV1. Please!

It still works fine with my cv1 so I'm not sure why you are complaining?

Yeah, still works fine? I spent almost three hours on Friday just getting the software to install itself after it refused to start due to 'establishing connection to server' To me it's painfully obvious that their priorities are solely focused on Quest 2 and it seems that they don't have the manpower nor the willpower to sort the issues that have been plaguing us for months. 
Actually, I don't really care if I could just rollback my drivers without any issue I'd be more than happy to sink into the shadows until the CV1 gives up it's ghost. 

YoLolo69
Trustee
Personally I will be happy if there is a possibility to use my CV1 on lower Hz than 90 (Oooohhhhh, what it just said?)
Yes, because now I only have the choice to lower settings in high demanding games/apps to hope keeping 90Hz, or accept the 45fps ASW/ATW management which is sometimes surprisingly good and nearly transparent, but sometimes awful due to ghosting. I will prefer to set my CV1 at a lower frequency like 70Hz or 80Hz, easier to achieve, so I can raise games settings and not have any ghosting. I highly doubt the CV1 hardware allow this...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

WebMetalReese
Protege

YoLolo69 said:

Personally I will be happy if there is a possibility to use my CV1 on lower Hz than 90 (Oooohhhhh, what it just said?)
Yes, because now I only have the choice to lower settings in high demanding games/apps to hope keeping 90Hz, or accept the 45fps ASW/ATW management which is sometimes surprisingly good and nearly transparent, but sometimes awful due to ghosting. I will prefer to set my CV1 at a lower frequency like 70Hz or 80Hz, easier to achieve, so I can raise games settings and not have any ghosting. I highly doubt the CV1 hardware allow this...

Honestly I have no idea if it ever ran at 90 for me because it's constantly battling with SteamVr and their also troublesome launcher. Even with the performance monitor running sittin at the menu sure 90 all day, anything else and the red starts showing up and then turning on performance graph in SVR and they literally say two different things. 
I'm never quite sure if SteamVR settings are messing with my rift or it if just adapts to them. 
All I know is that I paid to use it to have fun, but it seems I spend most of my time troubleshooting why my jitters happen or my controller floated off, or why my sensor test is wrong but tracking fine. 
IN GAME though I've never really noticed or got angry because it wasn't 90 and tbh not even sure if lowering or make it higher would make any bit of difference to me playing lucky's tale. 
I guess none of that really matters as the all in one system is going to end up being the VR version of the Iphone. 

YoLolo69
Trustee
SteamVR ? Ok then check its settings because if you let it on default options it will decide by itself to Supersample all games and apps launched through it, according to some weird algorithms it use. For my previous and old configuration it decided to set SS at 150% by default so heavy games was stuttering like hell.

Edit : Sorry I'm kind off topic here regarding the thread...

WebMetalReese
Protege

YoLolo69 said:

SteamVR ? Ok then check its settings because if you let it on default options it will decide by itself to Supersample all games and apps launched through it, according to some weird algorithms it use. For my previous and old configuration it decided to set SS at 150% by default so heavy games was stuttering like hell.

Edit : Sorry I'm kind off topic here regarding the thread...

Haha yoLolo69 man, I spent all day trying to find some explanations to what the steamvr settings actually DO for the rift and all that I can find is how to connect the Q2 to SteamVr - Please PM me if you can actually help me set it up to run correctly. I don't have it on auto, but I also don't know what to set it on. I shut SS off but I know that the resolution slider is way off according to the specs for the CF1, but I can't get the slider to the native OC res. 

Please if you do know, I'd be much appreciative. 

MikeJeffries
Explorer
Does anyone know how to download v23 for the Oculus PC app? I dont see the resolution/refresh rate... I just see Automatic, prefer quality, prefer performance, or balanced - as options under graphics preference for the Quest 2.

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Does anyone know how to download v23 for the Oculus PC app? I dont see the resolution/refresh rate... I just see Automatic, prefer quality, prefer performance, or balanced - as options under graphics preference for the Quest 2.

You just have to wait for it, it usually takes a week to roll out to all users.

J_Shepz
Protege
I'm on PTC version 23.0.0.43.517 and when I click on Quest 2 & Touch under Devices, I scroll down to Advanced and see Graphics Preferences with Refresh Rate 72hz and Rendering Resolution at 3616x1920 (Automatic) but I can't change the Refresh Rate? Do I have to wait for my Quest 2 to update to V23 as well or...?2qsnaxypnlj1.jpg