cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S will not connect through the display port and the USB 3.0 port

Shooter1999
Honored Guest
I have tried many times to connect my rift s to my computer and it wont notice that its plugged in. I have even clean the ports out and tried again, still nothing. I have also tried what was on the website to try and make it work and that didn't  work.
5 REPLIES 5

Richooal
Consultant
As always, if you want help or suggestions, you need to give information. We can't guess what your computer is.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Shooter1999
Honored Guest
i5 2500K, GeForce GTX 960, 8GB Ram, Rift S. I am sure the graphics card is to low but should that really matter? I'm new to the VR experience and not real inclined about computers. thanks for the feedback

Richooal
Consultant
Your GTX 960 is minimum requirement, but you CPU is slower than the minimum CPU required.

So, you've installed the Oculus setup ok?
What part of the setup do you get to and what is the error message or problem you get?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Shooter1999
Honored Guest
It gets to the headset sensor check and just loads for ages but never connects. I tried it on my brothers computer and it loaded up and worked perfectly so I think it is my computer that's the problem.

camf33
Explorer
It could be a problem with your MB chipset drivers, even OS, or even hardware.  To tackle this you can go about in so many ways but if you are not used to performing more advanced troubleshooting techniques I would advise you to be careful.