cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Reverb G2 Available Pre-orders UP - November Release Date Confirmed

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Just ordered mine the price is £525 including VAT & Shipping to UK. 

https://systemactive.co.uk/online/hp-reverb-g2/

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
1,930 REPLIES 1,930

inovator
Consultant

RedRizla said:

The thing that gets me is that I think some people are trying to make
out that games are unplayable with HP -G2 and that's utter nonsense.
I've played games with HP G1 with 2 camera's and while the tracking
isn't great outside of the camera range, I could still get around the
problem by just looking at what I was doing with the headset. This is what Pyroth209 mentions, but some people seem adamant it's unplayable
and they don't even own these headsets. Well, I do own a HP G1 with 2
camera's and I have played Fallout 4, etc.
Will HP -G2 be better with 4 camera's, yes I'm sure it will be. Will I be able to play my so called unplayable games..Yes I sure I will be able to.

I agree with you. Some games are unplayable to some people but the same games withe the same issues are playable to others and they don't understand that. I use quest to with wireless virtual desktop. It's far from perfect but I like it. Others won't. 

inovator
Consultant

inovator said:

Lol, there are people posting positive reviews in this thread, then countered by others who really have no interest in getting a G2 posting counter negative reviews. 

haha. It's good to see both sides. Otherwise all we're left with is MRTV. 

😄 

I have no interest anymore in getting the g2 but I love to talk about vr. The review I posted wasn't to counter a good review. My post had someone who said many complimentry things about this headset. This headset is a fantastic and improved headset best for sims at this point. My post reviewer also said he would revisit possibly using this headset if tracking improved. Nobody is posting reviews to counter anything. All these posted reviews allow someone who is thinking about a g2 buy to be fully informed. 

If that helps you sleep better then so be it. But you're not fooling anyone with that comment especially as your accompanying text in the op only mentions putting the free headset in the drawer never to be used again due to tracking and not being in "the tank"  with HP.

😄 

Your not being to clear on how you think on fooling anyone. Nobodies being fooled about anything.

inovator
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

@Shadowmask72 the Ignore option works well for multi-posting posters that have nothing to add imho.

Totally agree.?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps tomorrow I can take a break from my flight simming in the G2 and play some Akyx and check out the controllers.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Please do.....at this point . Actual user reviews and not those from influencers are what we need now j think.

I dare say the larger influencers have now made their decision and it would take a major update or something to get them to change their minds....
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Luciferous
Consultant

Well just over a week to go until hopefully I get mine. Looking forward to it.

My summary of what I am expecting from it from reviews so far:-

• The tracking to be good when it can see the controllers and a bit flakey when its out of the volume for any period of a few seconds. Controllers feel cheap and a bit buzzy. The volumes not as big as oculus and Oculus tracking has better prediction software and can get closer to the headset. Better than Cosmos - worst than Rift S etc. Hoping for software improvements but cameras / position may be the blocker for that.
  • Amazing clarity and resolution. great colours for an LCD and blacks, well greyish like any other of its kind. Better or worse than other blacks seems a matter of opinion. 
  • Small sweet spot but better than G1 and possibly the same as Rift S?
  • FOV - Depending on face shape FOV is varying. There apparently is a 14 degree increase if you use a thinner face plate / foam which will definitely be on the cards for me. I remember the Index having reviews saying the FOV wasn't that great but you need to really get close to it to achieve its full FOV potential. If you wear glasses you were not getting the full benefit. I use disposable contacts.
  • Steep learning curve to WMR
  • Possibility of pairing it with index controllers later to be seen.
  • Good comfort for long gaming sessions, nice headset design. 
  • Sound, well that seems to be a mixed bag of reviews. A lot of personal preference due to design. I think I'll like the off ear approach. My ears do tend to ache a bit with the CV1 or just normal headphones if worn for any time period.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Replaying Alyx, I'm at the station where the big guards start appearing. Just as I'm about to go into a fight, a big black rectangle pops up in the middle of the screen telling me Vivaldi browser has an update. Turning around makes to panel drift around to try to always be in front of me. I have to open up the WMR interface so I can click on the close button to get rid of it.
Battery warnings on the Oculus software were annoying enough, is WMR going to redirect every windows notification into VR?

For FOV, I wouldn't get anything extra by different padding. If I press the headset a bit harder on my face I can see the screen edges (like on the Quest 2, which is really distracting). I'd rather keep it where it is and have the nice soft lens edge rather than get a couple of extra degrees and hard screen edge.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Luciferous
Consultant
What's your IPD Kojack? In the reddit it says you don't see the edges if you reduce the padding? I also felt that although increase in the CV1 was possible, the panel sides was worse than having a bigger FOV. 

What do you think of the FOV in comparison to CV1 bigger, same or smaller?

Is this the first pop up you've seen or is it happening regular?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have seen a couple of popups also , can't remember exactly what they were. Just one or two I think.