cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB update mode killed my headset

torminal
Honored Guest
my oculus qeust 2 has arrives 2 days ago and now i cant play brcause of a bug, a screen that his title is USB update mode and i can see 5 options inside  the headset but non of tham does something even factory resat  i have talked to the oculus support but they werent able to help me, any ideas?

18 REPLIES 18

PITTCANNA
Visionary
alternative ways to do factory reset

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.

2. Tap Settings in the bottom menu.

3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.

4. Tap More Settings.

5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.

2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.

3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.

4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

torminal
Honored Guest
Hi thank you for trtying to help but the phone cannot find the headset  and the (-) buttom just scroll down in the mnuew that i see no metter for how lonw i hold it for 

torminal
Honored Guest
opy517rbnb0z.jpg

torminal
Honored Guest
any more ideas ?

PITTCANNA
Visionary
select factory reset with the volume rocker, then press the power button

torminal
Honored Guest
please?

Thmoas
Rising Star
This just happened out of the blue or did you do something before this menu appeared? You say none of the options work. What exactly happens with each option?

Try holding the power button for at least 30 seconds too.

BigPapadosio
Honored Guest
Having the same issue tried everything suggested and it literally just turns off and back on and returns to the same usb update mode screen.

torminal
Honored Guest
if i chose resat device it just restart the hedset back  to this screen info device just give me some info factory resat does just like the device boot option but asks for confemartion first
 power off  turning the hedset off if the hedset is not chrging once i plug it back to the charger the hedset turns back on without me touching it