cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Wars: Tales From The Galaxy's Edge on Rift S?

Azref
Explorer
Question is in the title.

Will Star Wars: Tales From The Galaxy's Edge be released on the Rift S at some stage for those staying with PCVR?
Vader Immortal was an amazing experience and the main reason I purchased the Rift S besides flight simulators. It seems odd not to release the new game on the available platforms.

Will the game release at a later date?

26 REPLIES 26

Matayuss
Honored Guest
Would like to know the answer to this question also. If this is the direction Oculus is going (no longer supporting their later models and only releasing games for a different model) then I'm going to jump ship while it's still early. 

TheMOHAAMaster
Explorer
Pretty sure since they are no longer selling the Rift S it will not be a available on it ever. Which really sucks because I have a Rift S and want to play it

PITTCANNA
Visionary
They will still support the rift.  The real reason for push of games to the quest is holidays, i think there will be a rift port.  It will have to depend on how many buys on the quest port occurs.

ohgrant
Superstar
  If I recall the PC version of the Vader Immortals games, came shortly after the Quest version. I don't really think Oculus is going to drop support for PCVR in any way with them touting the Quest 2 as their PC solution. I don't think they can afford for their PC based customers to loose confidence in their commitment to quality PCVR content. 
  In any case it will be a good indication of their attitude and commitment to PCVR either way  
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Anonymous
Not applicable
They'll do the same thing that they did with Vader Immortal and release it on both headsets. They would be insane to leave 3 or 4 million Rift/S headset owners out of a big name game like this.

Seagon
Honored Guest
Well I really hope you're right snowdog, but it is a little disconcerting that it isn't in the rift platform store yet. 

I have been looking forward to this since the announcement and would actually be a bit heartbroken to not being able to get it on my CV1. God knows I'm not interested in the quest platform (71 IPD is a big factor there).

Here's to hoping for a rift platform release soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I'm remembering correctly Vader Immortal released on the Rift a couple of weeks after the Quest version, and they either added smooth turning then or added it via a patch soon after.

kanikanio
Honored Guest
Please release it on Rift ver.
I am a Rift user.It is very sad.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is to hoping it makes it to the Rift platform. Seems like it took a long time before Vader Immortal became available.