cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Reverb G2 Available Pre-orders UP - November Release Date Confirmed

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Just ordered mine the price is £525 including VAT & Shipping to UK. 

https://systemactive.co.uk/online/hp-reverb-g2/

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
1,930 REPLIES 1,930

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have accumulated many hours since last Friday with my new G2.
I have to say I am quite impressed, I find even the controllers to be satisfactory and not having any problem using them currently. May have to give Revive a try and see if I can play Asgard's Wrath with it. My flight sims are stunning with it.

Only negative (for me) was the headphones, just did not offer enough on the volume side for my tastes. Which for me is fine as I really prefer earbuds anyways, love the noise isolation they give me. Plus removing them the headset even got a tad lighter.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Tested just reviewed the G2:

https://youtu.be/__nfD58GF6Q

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

inovator
Consultant
He is taking it out of the draw. Now it is his daily headset. If I was able to do this the g2 would be a buy.  The g2 can be a dream all around headset. 

https://youtu.be/xzPrsEsdaQE

pyroth309
Visionary

inovator said:

He is taking it out of the draw. Now it is his daily headset. If I was able to do this the g2 would be a buy.  The g2 can be a dream all around headset. 

https://youtu.be/xzPrsEsdaQE

Yea I'm on the fence about doing this. A part of me feels like with Valve co-designing the lenses of the G2, they're probably going to take what they learned and leap frog it at some point with a better tracking system. So rather than spend my money on the Knuckles at this point I will probably wait to see what happens as I'm fine with the WMR tracking.

Luciferous
Consultant
Wow that is a turn around from his last review. He seemed in a bad mood about it in the last pre-production review. 

oooo I am excited now, Nice video innovator on the controllers

inovator
Consultant

Wow that is a turn around from his last review. He seemed in a bad mood about it in the last pre-production review. 

oooo I am excited now, Nice video innovator on the controllers

Ya it now allows him to do crystal clear vr in his shooters. I love that the g2 can be made to work for everything. It won't be in reach for me for set up reasons but I'm passionet about vrs future and like I said before I want the g2 to succeed. When I sent videos about its faults it didn't make me feel good. The last video I sent made me feel good.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am thoroughly enjoying my second play through with Alyx. Running it at 125% Resolution in the G2 and it is gorgeous.
Dang jump scares still get me though. Freakin head crawlers.

pyroth309
Visionary

dburne said:

I am thoroughly enjoying my second play through with Alyx. Running it at 125% Resolution in the G2 and it is gorgeous.

Nice, I think I'm going to crank my 3090 up to that as well. It ran silky smooth at 100% and looked so good but it was on adaptive so no telling what it was running at. I need to figure out how to stop Alyx from doing that. I'm also looking forward to playing all of the Alyx mods as I've avoided them all until I got this headset. My playtime is low this week but looking forward to hitting a lot of VR in the next couple of weeks. I need to get my HOTAS setup and try some sims with it too.

pyroth309
Visionary
Apparently if you just add the below to launch options it'll work. I'm going to do that next time I play.

Turn off adaptive super sampling:
-console -vconsole +vr_fidelity_level_auto 0 +vr_fidelity_level 3

Add that to your launch options for the game. Then you can set your SS/resolution in steamvr to whatever you want.

Anonymous
Not applicable

pyroth309 said:

dburne said:

Nice, I think I'm going to crank my 3090 up to that as well. It ran silky smooth at 100% and looked so good but it was on adaptive so no telling what it was running at. I need to figure out how to stop Alyx from doing that. I'm also looking forward to playing all of the Alyx mods as I've avoided them all until I got this headset. My playtime is low this week but looking forward to hitting a lot of VR in the next couple of weeks. I need to get my HOTAS setup and try some sims with it too.

Yeah I have been enjoying my flight sims earlier this week. Also Star Wars Squadrons is gorgeous in the G2 if you like that sort of game.