cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is link in or out of Beta on v23?

sambartle
Protege
I have v23 on both the Quest 2 and the desktop software, but when I go to start link, it still says beta. 

Should this have disappeared? It doesn't seem any different to me, so I'm wondering if something has gone wrong since its supposed to have left beta now and have upped the quality.. 
7 REPLIES 7

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Where does it say Beta?  Maybe try going out of beta and after, back in.  Also a good idea to restart your PC after Oculus updates imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
edited: never mind - I misunderstood the OP - I am on v23, though, and still showing as being beta.

I just looked through the patch notes -

and see nothing about Link coming out of beta.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
On my PC v23 Library/Update, What's New says;

Oculus software, version 23.0
These features and enhancements will become available starting on 11/13/2020

Oculus Link
Oculus Link is now out of beta! In addition to the beta exit, we’ve added the following features that let you crank up the visuals by fine-tuning the following graphics preferences:
You can now set your refresh rate to 72hz/80hz/90hz.
Please note that USB-3 is required for 80hz and 90hz support.
You can now adjust your render resolution for even better visuals.
Learn more about these new features in our Graphics Preferences article.

So, pretty clear to me unless I'm missing something?  Cheers.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
IIRC when I watched the Cas & Chary update video from a couple of days ago, they said that the additional functions (i.e. performance increases etc) would be coming to users in dribs & drabs - so according to their info we don't all get it at the same time. Whether they mean the update to V23 or the actual improvements isn't clear - but I suppose it's possible to get v23 and not all the improvements (as they are not all in the notes, such as release version of Link) with it.

You say that it's pretty clear - but it obviously isn't, otherwise a) it would be in the patch notes and b) myself and the OP wouldn't get notices saying Link was in beta whilst having v23. So the last thing it is, is clear - which is nothing unusual.

But whatever - always someone wants to argue and personally I can't be arsed cos I'm fed up with it. So think what you like, post what you like, we are obviously ignorant.

I left the forums a short while ago because someone was being an arse and twisting my post and blatantly insulting me while they were at it over something I didn't even post and I don't need that crap - but yesterday I got a very nice and humbling message from a member I never even heard of before and popped back in. That was obviously a mistake. Seems no matter what I do to try and help others here, someone always comes along and says "You're talking shit" so I'm outta here for good and will feel a helluva lot better for it. Got better things to do.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Sorry Johnny, please don't take everything so personally or read more into things than were intended.  This is an open forum so you just need to accept the fact that different people will have different views and opinions.  Also, it always seems that some see messages in Oculus desktops that others don't.  Probably no big deal as long as things are working properly.

Oculus Link officially went out of Beta 14 Nov 2020 as per the Oculus blog;

https://www.oculus.com/blog/the-first-gift-of-the-season-oculus-quest-update-adds-native-90hz-suppor...

Richooal
Consultant

edited: never mind - I misunderstood the OP - I am on v23, though, and still showing as being beta.

I just looked through the patch notes -

and see nothing about Link coming out of beta.

Since "Link" is a PC feature, the notice about coming out of beta is in the release notes for the PC Version 23 sticky.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/95183/pc-software-build-23-0-release-notes/p1

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Andrew_Hollom
Honored Guest
The confusion is that the build 23 release notes clearly state that Link is out of beta, but when you use Link in a headset that has been updated to build 23, it still says that Link is a beta feature. Perhaps the developers just forgot to update a string table?!