New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Will Oculus Quest 2 support my video card in future?

Hi!

I'm going to buy the Oculus Quest 2 but I just found that my video card (GeForce GTX 1650) is listed as Not Currently Supported.

Could you please let me know if Oculus has plans to add the support of this GPU soon?

I would be happy to get this info as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance! 

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 2,066 Valuable Player
    My guess would be no. It doesn't seem likely that they will work on less capable cards when things are changing so quickly. They're adding features and ability to Quest 2 as time goes on.

Having said that, the Quest 2 is a "stand alone" headset and doesn't need a PC for you to enjoy VR.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• vlsnowvlsnow Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited November 2020
    Richooal said:
    My guess would be no. It doesn't seem likely that they will work on less capable cards when things are changing so quickly. They're adding features and ability to Quest 2 as time goes on.

Having said that, the Quest 2 is a "stand alone" headset and doesn't need a PC for you to enjoy VR.
    Thanks for your answer!

I know that Quest 2 is standalone device, however I would like to be able to play such games as Half-Life Alyx for example. Any suggestions on it?

And I would still be happy to get official answer from Oculus team on this topic. Perhaps their opinion may be different as the video card mentioned as Not Currently Supported.

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 2,066 Valuable Player
    vlsnow said:
    And I would still be happy to get official answer from Oculus team on this topic. Perhaps their opinion may be different as the video card mentioned as Not Currently Supported.

Unfortunately, you will not get any "official answer" from Oculus on this forum about anything (unless it is affecting thousands of their devices/customers). The best you will get is "I'm sorry you're having trouble with blah, blah, blah, please reach out to us by opening a support ticket here......"
    https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• vlsnowvlsnow Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Richooal said:
    vlsnow said:

Unfortunately, you will not get any "official answer" from Oculus on this forum about anything (unless it is affecting thousands of their devices/customers). The best you will get is "I'm sorry you're having trouble with blah, blah, blah, please reach out to us by opening a support ticket here......"

Thanks mate, appreciate your input!
  • PITTCANNAPITTCANNA Posts: 1,076
    3Jane
    Heres my take there is no reason why oculus would invest time in a 1650, so don't hold your breath on 1650 support.  After the new gpus start filtering through the market place, there is no reason to optimize drivers for last years tech.