cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you play vr if you dont have legs?

Fish_Taco1243
Honored Guest
I just bought an oculus quest 2 a few days ago and love it, I want to show it to my friend who has no legs and make sure he gets the full experience but I'm not sure how it will work since he's so low to the ground. He has no problem moving around without a chair, he'd put gloves on and go skateboarding and hiking with me so mobility isn't a problem im just not sure if he'll be stuck too low in vr like his character is crouching. Idk if you can change a height setting that'll solve it or if he'd have to play in a chair in a game with seated mode on. This is my first time posting on a forum since I couldn't find an answer anywhere so I hope I'm not posting it in the wrong spot or something, thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

Eastcoast78
Protege
There are many games that are fine sitting down. Most players switch from standing/ sitting anyways to take a break. Yes most games have a height adjustment in the settings etc. I think he'll be fine.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
"Can you play vr if you dont have legs?"

Of course - it's easy  o:)

Handicapped Man in Wheelchair Wearing VR Headset Portrait of Male Disabled  Person in Casual Clothes Sitting Near Window in Large Bright Room and  Enjoying Virtual Reality Glasses and Keeping Hands Up Image -

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

niklas.fritzell
Protege
Yup! Bigger adventure titles often have a crouch button like fallout 4 VR and walking dead saints and sinners for example. I don't know how it is for arcade titles but real irl crouching isn't something I must do very often in any game. Pavlov and onward I am not so sure about but overall you will be perfectly fine.

niklas.fritzell
Protege
Plus you manually set your height in many games as well.

Fish_Taco1243
Honored Guest

RuneSR2 said:

"Can you play vr if you dont have legs?"

Of course - it's easy  o:)

Handicapped Man in Wheelchair Wearing VR Headset Portrait of Male Disabled  Person in Casual Clothes Sitting Near Window in Large Bright Room and  Enjoying Virtual Reality Glasses and Keeping Hands Up Image -

Yeah but hes not gonna wanna be in a chair like that, hes gonna be on the ground so he can turn around and get the full 360 deal (he could easy move around with the controllers in his hands) so the headset will be a lot lower than that to the ground 

People tend to turn using the controllers. My seat is a pretty good office chair that swivels nice and easy but I find it's easier still to use the snap turn that most games have assigned to the thumbstick. Many let you choose to turn by 45 or 90 degrees at a time and also allow you to choose smooth turning if you prefer but that tends to make me uncomfortable.

Watching 360 movies can be a bit more choosy as the media players don't always include controller turning unless I'm missing the feature (maybe others will correct me there). 

facun_padi
Honored Guest
but maybe it's more inmersive if he sees the ground the same way when he is not wearing the headset, i mean, as we are use to see the ground at the height we do so, he might be as well.

PITTCANNA
Visionary
most games are designed for a variety of game modes, you can check which games he wants to play and if sitting is on the list it is optomized for that content and play style.

oz5omyfxa70g.png