cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I check that my Oculus Quest 2 headset is really running 90 Hz after updating to V23 ?

PsclDrx
Honored Guest
Hi everybody,
My question in the title...
Thank you !
Pascal 
7 REPLIES 7

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
If Oculus Tray Tool works with the Quest 2, just turn on the Performance HUD and your fps are constantly measured. Or use the fpsVR app in SteamVR games. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/908520/fpsVR/

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-di...

Note these are just suggestions that work with the Rift hmds, I do not own the Quest 2. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

lensmandave
Superstar
Yep, Oculus Tray Tool reports all data to the Quest 2  🙂
Assuming the OP is talking about Quest 2 with Link...
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

PsclDrx
Honored Guest
Thanks for your answers. I do not use Oculus Link... I am thinking of acquiring a gaming PC but that is just a project right now... Any other idea to measure the FPS on a standalone Oculus Quest 2 ?
Thank you again !
Pascal

nalex66
MVP
MVP
There is an app from Oculus you can install on your Quest called OVR Metrics Tool. It will allow you to turn on an overlay that shows you information like your current frame rate and resolution. You can download the APK file here. There’s a page here with more information about installing and using the tool. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

PsclDrx
Honored Guest
Thank you nalex66 ! I'll try that and let you know... Have a nice day. Pascal

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Thanks for your answers. I do not use Oculus Link... I am thinking of acquiring a gaming PC but that is just a project right now... Any other idea to measure the FPS on a standalone Oculus Quest 2 ?
Thank you again !
Pascal

Don't think this is really necessary, or useful.  Since v23 the Q2 now defaults to 90Hz in all your Q2 home environment and browser.  It is no longer in the experimental options section.  For Games, 90Hz will depend on developers offering 90Hz options.  Maybe have a look at the 14 Nov 2020 Oculus Blog.  Worth reading imho.

The First Gift of the Season: Oculus Quest Update Adds Native 90Hz Support, a New Fitness Tracker, a...

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

PsclDrx
Honored Guest
Hi everyone,
I installed OVR Metrics Tool on my Oculus Quest 2 (v23) and I confirm : the average FPS is 90 ! It was not necessary/useful to do that (as TomCgcmfc says) but I like to check things and not believe blindly what others say ! Thanks to all again for your answers and a warm thank you to natex66 for his input. Pascal