cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use Quest 2 link after V23 update

VRSNB
Honored Guest
It was good until yesterday, but it's not recognized after v23 update. I don't think there's anything wrong with the usb connection.
44 REPLIES 44

Frefa11
Explorer
I have a Quest 1, with the recommended Anker cable and no matter what I do, 3.0 ports refuse to work, constantly disconnecting itself before I even get into anything.
2.0 ports are stable, but obviously that isn't ideal.
Just to make sure, I used both a random usb cable I had laying around and a partylink, to the same effect.
I've already tried:
Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Oculus software
Uninstalling and Reinstalling my USB drivers
Turning off the "shut off this device to save power" setting in device manager and my power settings
Unplugging everything but my Keyboard, Mouse, and headset.

None of this has helped me in anyway, no other devices have the same issue and I can't get a straight answer at what might the issue be.
Oculus support keeps telling me to do the same things over and over, so they aren't any help either.

My computer specs are:
Ryzen 7 3600
MPG B550 Gaming Plus
RTX 2070 Super

Does anyone know anything? I just want to get back to playing my games.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
@VRSNB Hi there! Please submit a ticket with us and include the log files from your system so we can review them and try and determine why the Link is not working. - Clint
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Flimbamafoo
Explorer
I got my oculus quest 2 recently, and one of the things I wanted to try was the oculus link features. I was able to play for quite a bit of time, and there were some bugs because of it being in beta. The bugs weren't bad at all and could be dealt with easily. Then next time I tried oculus link it just wouldn't start. My computer with a Ryzen 5 3600, and an RX 570 4GB recognized the headset, said it was in full working order, but when I click on oculus link on my headset the screen goes black then sends me straight back to the home menu. If I do this enough then it gives me an error that just says, "Oculus Link Keeps Stopping" and then gives me an app info option and a stop app option. The app info option does nothing and just stays at a black screen, and the stop app just brings you back to the menu. I have an Anker USB c cable that gives me up to 2.8gbs and is in good working condition. I have tried reinstalling the oculus pc app, trying the public test channel in the beta section, made sure my oculus is up to date, tried different graphics card profiles, restarting my oculus and my pc, updating drivers, and updating my bios. I haven't found anyone with this problem, and none of the videos or discussions I have read works. Please get back to me soon!

user_4931567958
Explorer
Well, i think we have the same problem after v23. Today i could use my pc from my Quest 2 until this got v23. After this, i can not use Oculus Link anymore.

If i try connect from PC (Oculus App) i have "1971063" error. I have do same things than you: uninstall pc app, put my quest to day one (i had to do the first steps of configuration), try other 3.0 port,...

user_4931567958
Explorer
Just the title: today i had time to install and try new v23 and i installed it. While my Quest 2 was downloading the new version i was able to use my pc and start SteamVr. After the download was installed i can not connect my Quest 2 to my pc with the App. When i try connect from app i have this error: 

> Connection test was not able to start. Please try again. (1971063) <

I have tried everything in mind: Try another 3.0 port, repair pc app, uninsttal and install, synchronize (if this is the word, sorry for my english) again the visor with my pc and mobile, reset to factory and start from 0 (already installed v23 with this option),...

Other options works: Wifi, connect to youtube from Quest 2,...

Help please.

Flimbamafoo
Explorer
Hey! you commented on my post and there was just an update on the oculus app. Im not sure if it fixes it yet but I suggest you go check

user_4931567958
Explorer
One more think, With my quest 2 i can not connect using "Oculus Link". If i use this mode, Quest 2 gets black screen and return to home menu.

Flimbamafoo
Explorer
that happens to me aswell.

Flimbamafoo
Explorer
the update did not fix my issue 😞