cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Issues with Quest 2 since v23

dandjo
Protege
Hi folks,

having annoying tracking issues mostly with my right controller and mostly when playing Beat Saber. The controller gets somehow lost, when moving it near my hips back to the front like shown in this YouTube video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BYHXRxe1FQ

I think this happens since the latest v23 update that also updated the controllers. Does anyone else have the problem here? Some are reporting on Reddit and YouTube.

Regards,
dandjo

79 REPLIES 79

Capalicious42
Explorer
Same here. Sometimes an update isn't ...

KittiNeko
Honored Guest
Ran into this issue today(tracking lost and have to reboot everytime ). Work flawlessly before the update. Unplayable at the moment, Saint and Sinner tracking would also buged out when crouching causing lag/shutter. Almost puke after 5-10 mins. Hope this is fix before Thanksgiving vacation T.T

poppetrocks
Honored Guest
How do you check what update you are on? I have same problem. Tracking lost completely though. Even kicks me out of YouTube vr to home screen

dandjo
Protege

How do you check what update you are on?

You can find the version information in settings.

dtc99
Honored Guest
Lost Tracking occurred after v23 update
How to fix it

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Contact Oculus Support - or wait for v24, latter may take a month. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

I've merged a couple threads relating to tracking problems following v23 update. I'm not sure if this is related to the Link problems or a separate issue so I'll keep this topic separate from the Link v23 thread.

Thanks

amv101
Explorer
I ended up doing a factory reset and now it boots like normal. Not sure if it was an app, or the Quest software. I am not using the Link. Just a standard Quest 2.

One issue I did notice is how the virtual controllers appeared to be a foot off, when seeing them placed on a real table, when I was in the Oculus home room. When I grabbed the controllers, they snapped into the correct position.

I am wondering if re-pairing the controllers to the headset would work? Factory reset is a pain.

dandjo
Protege
Interesting @amv101. Can you please report after, let's say a week, if this solved your issues?

amv101
Explorer

dandjo said:

Interesting @amv101. Can you please report after, let's say a week, if this solved your issues?

Will do...