cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem of overheating

hansmecy
Protege
Does Quest2 have the same problem of overheating like GO? I have got the trouble from GO for along time and do not know how to resolve it. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

agameritis
Explorer
You can reduce the overheating problem by charging the device only when it is already properly cooled off, so that it doesnt heat up additionally over night for example. Another very useful device is a neck fan. You can get it for about 10-15 bucks on amazon and it makes all the difference.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

enigma01
Trustee
Well I had no problem with my Quest 1 overheating. I don’t think the Go has active cooling like the Quest and Quest 2 does?

agameritis
Explorer
You can reduce the overheating problem by charging the device only when it is already properly cooled off, so that it doesnt heat up additionally over night for example. Another very useful device is a neck fan. You can get it for about 10-15 bucks on amazon and it makes all the difference.

TGKLightning
Honored Guest
im having overheating issues with the quest 2 now and only charges it when im not using it and now it will die and give me a System Alert Saying The Fan Isnt Functioning properly and to contact oculus support. hoping now that oculus will send me a replacement. i treat it like a baby and wont even turn on experimental passthrough because im to afraid that will knock sensors off

TGKLightning
Honored Guest
l6ogb1gb8hxr.jpg
this is the exact System Alert I Get after 30 mins 50 mins of use and started happening a couple weeks ago. had to get the picture from another source because i never thought of taking a picture of it but this is the exact same message

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
I wouldn't worry about it being a common thing with quest 2 or you would hear about it all the time since the device can run for 2 hours on battery. The error message must be accurate or you live in hot conditions.

aguy10
Heroic Explorer

enigma01 said:

Well I had no problem with my Quest 1 overheating. I don’t think the Go has active cooling like the Quest and Quest 2 does?

Does not have active cooling. The front flat piece is an actual heat sink made of metal. I use to attach a mini fan to the front.

gavin_whitehead
Honored Guest
I purchased my Quest 2 several weeks ago and had no problems at all, as soon as I applied the new update last weekend I can only have it on for approx 5 minutes when the audible alarm comes on and the overheating message tells me that the headset has to shut down. It is stored and played in an airconditioned room set at 23 Degrees C.
The support team told me they would get back to me within 48 to 72 hrs on the 22nd November, still waiting.

TheNerdCorner
Explorer

l6ogb1gb8hxr.jpg
this is the exact System Alert I Get after 30 mins 50 mins of use and started happening a couple weeks ago. had to get the picture from another source because i never thought of taking a picture of it but this is the exact same message

I got that Same message today, and my Quest 2 is only 2 days old, it was after 15 Minutes playing Asgards Wrath.. waiting for support to resolve now.

TheNerdCorner
Explorer

I purchased my Quest 2 several weeks ago and had no problems at all, as soon as I applied the new update last weekend I can only have it on for approx 5 minutes when the audible alarm comes on and the overheating message tells me that the headset has to shut down. It is stored and played in an airconditioned room set at 23 Degrees C.
The support team told me they would get back to me within 48 to 72 hrs on the 22nd November, still waiting.

Have you heard anything back from Them yet? Because if not I don't want to wait until 30 days from purchase is up or whatever the retailer policy that I bought it from "B&H" is.