cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Users - one Oculus Quest 2

Sophos707
Explorer
Hi there!
We just bought a new Oculus Quest 2. Very excited!
I have six kids, so obviously we want to have our own accounts.

Is this accomplished by each of us signing up for our own facebook account, then logging in and out? Or do we have one Facebook account attached to the device and multiple users for that account?

Or something else?
Thanks!!
31 REPLIES 31

axhax
Honored Guest
I agree with all of you.

FluffySugar
Honored Guest
"The fact that this isn't actually a feature right now boggles the mind." Seriously, what smooth brained numbskull thought the Oculus Quest 2 didn't need the ability to sign out and sign in on another account. That should by default be one of the first things that is built when designing any kind of system that has accounts. Can you imagine if you had to wipe a computer to sign out of Facebook? I'm flabbergasted. I hated Facebook years ago, and yet they keep finding new ways to be crappy and disappointing. If my spouse didn't develop VR games, we would absolutely NOT have gotten the Quest 2. Heck, her employer paid for it and I'm still upset.

Quiknen
Honored Guest
Husband: I bought you a quest to get into VR
Wife: I want to play a game, whats the Oculus store?
Husband: Hang on, i heard you might want to buy games via steam (reads up on content, sideloading etc.), and creates his own profile.
Husband: Picks up wife's headset trying to figure out how to logout, so he can play.
Husband: Hey Hun?... Do you mind if i "FACTORY RESET" your account so i can LOGIN?
Wife: *Proceeds to hand over divorce papers*

Kronos_77
Honored Guest
Absolutely insane that the Oculus Quest 2 can NOT be used by other members in the Family.  I will not be buying a separate Oculus device for every member of my family and repurchasing the software as many times!!!  I only got mine last night and am thinking of proceeding in getting a refund for the near $100 in games and $400 device.  Super disappointment!!!!  This is a major deal breaker!!!!  My kids will be so sad and let down by this obvious flaw.  Further, since it's not very obvious when you buy this, I'm going to blast out a warning on my Facebook to all my friends warning them away so they don't have the same mistake.

Divemak
Honored Guest
Facebook needs to fix this ASAP!!!!!!!!

kristine_haskel
Honored Guest
I just bought an oculus quest 2 for our family.  Is it possible to have different users for the headset?  It seems crazy to have 4 different headsets.  I get that we each would need our own account. 

george_tachev
Honored Guest
This is a feature supported in all consoles. At the end of the day this is a family device. Is there any ETA when it will be available on Oculus 2?

Augustines
Honored Guest
Had I known, I could not have bought a second one. This limitation is a must have requirement. Please prioritize this else you will get a majority of your customers thinking twice.

SWISHB2
Honored Guest
Just setup my device to find the same issues. It's Christmas and yet no solution???? I'm having to share my Facebook account with my kids and it feels more like a demo scenario where we cannot play games and have our own score/progress. We should not have to restart games for each user or manually keep track of our progress. This needs to be sorted ASAP. We love the experience but each user wants their own profile and progress!

JordanHerringto
Honored Guest
Eta for this being implemented would be great. Doesn't seem like it should take this long for them to figure it out. I'm okay with sharing one profile right now, but the further I get into my games, the more upset I will be if my progress gets deleted.