cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GizmoVR video player not working after V23 update

TommyMaples12
Explorer
Just got automatic Quest 2 update to V23 and GizmoVR Video Player is now broke.  Reinstall of the App didn't make a difference.
19 REPLIES 19

TommyMaples12
Explorer
This is still broke!  I know GizmoVR is supposedly unsupported, but why would something that was working before the V23 update stop working and then Oculus claim it's not your problem.  Really freaking aggravating.  I'm now going on almost three weeks with this Video Player broken and unusable.

n9yty
Explorer
The devs are aware of it, I had submitted a ticket. I have no idea when/if they will fix it, but they said they were working on it.  Given how it presets a white area I am guessing something changed in the API for rendering the content but who knows.

TommyMaples12
Explorer
I opened a ticket also that Oculus canceled because they wanted to take the easy way out and say GizmoVR is unsupported.
The main thing I use the headset for has now been broke for 3 weeks.  n9yty can you find out from the devs what the fix is or when it will be fixed?  I was on the nonVR part of the website I'm trying use and one person supposed has a work around but isn't willing to give it to me because it's too much effort.
Really unhappy by the lack of support between Oculus and the Website that uses this VR player.  Neither has given the fix after 3 weeks.  Which is ridiculous.

Slingshot2020
Explorer
I noticed the same thing, and it is a shame, since GizmoVR is IMO the best free VR player and a much better browser than the included oculus browser for VR content. I think the fix should be from GizmoVR team to update their app for the new update

TommyMaples12
Explorer
I don't care who fixes it, Oculus or GizmoVR but this should be fixed by now.

TommyMaples12
Explorer
I got e-mail from GizmoVR that this will be fixed within a week or so.  If anyone sees the fix please post here.

Jabokai
Honored Guest
I just bought a Quest 2 today and this was the first thing I looked for! Still broken as of today... if it's not fixed within my return period for the Quest 2, it's going back! 

TommyMaples12
Explorer
Well Gizmo didn't follow through on when they said it would be fixed.  Still broken.

Dukebimmel
Honored Guest
It´s now working