cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link App Keeps Stopping

OfficialAsianMe
Honored Guest
Someone, please help! I've been trying for days trying to figure out and solve the reason as to why the Oculus Link app keeps stopping on the oculus quest, I have a USB 3.0 wire and port and I meet the requirements, I don't know why it keeps stopping, all It does is it goes into a black screen, then I hear a little bit of the start up a song in the Oculus Link Home and then it crashes and says the Oculus Link App stopped working, or Oculus Link App Keeps stopping! Someone, please help me! I've been dying to play some pc vr games for ages! Thanks a bunch!
52 REPLIES 52

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer
I know VD has problems with latest AMD software,maybe try rolling back a few builds?
Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo

schmeun
Explorer
I have a Radeon rx580 too. I'm in contact with the Oculus helpdesk, waiting for another reply. But probably its a matter of waiting for an update.

schmeun
Explorer
I was able to "fix" it by going back to amd driver 20.9.1 as suggested earlier by synchromesh62. Thanks for the tip.

OfficialAsianMe
Honored Guest

Swalain said:

dont know if thats helping, but when i'm trying to launch a game (Phasmophobia for example) I can actually hear the game sound for a sec in the Quest, but no image. Maybe its the last Radeon update ? Did you guys dl it ?

Dude that is exactly what I am experiencing! apparently, rolling back to an older AMD update fixes it? I'm not sure which update tho but worth a try! 

ehjort1981
Protege
I've posted this on here a bunch of times now.  It's an AMD driver issue.  Uninstall and reinstall 20.10.1 driver or earlier.  Anything 20.11 and higher breaks Oculus Link on AMD hardware.  It is also noted in the known issues section of AMDs fine print.  And posted in big bold letters on Oculuses support page.

jazis101
Honored Guest

Gagahenri said:

Are you all running on AMD tech ? yes i am

Anonymous
Not applicable
me too. hardware checks, updates, etc.. In fact, I just installed virtual desktop -- and that works!
I am also using a Radeon 580 as noted by someone above... opened a ticket with support... <sigh> it's a day old (early X-mas present) and I pre purchased a ton of Steam VR apps/games that I can't use yet..

Crusty1
Honored Guest
getting this issue running on an nvidia 3070, my link was working fine the first day i set it up second day and ever since keeps disconnecting the moment i activate link. ticket raised
haven't updated drivers since that first day

SWIFT_HEX
Honored Guest
Says link stopped working when it works go black screen can hear it but cant see rx580 PLZ HELP

Prubruh
Honored Guest

Gagahenri said:

Are you all running on AMD tech ? 

Yea