cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link App Keeps Stopping

OfficialAsianMe
Honored Guest
Someone, please help! I've been trying for days trying to figure out and solve the reason as to why the Oculus Link app keeps stopping on the oculus quest, I have a USB 3.0 wire and port and I meet the requirements, I don't know why it keeps stopping, all It does is it goes into a black screen, then I hear a little bit of the start up a song in the Oculus Link Home and then it crashes and says the Oculus Link App stopped working, or Oculus Link App Keeps stopping! Someone, please help me! I've been dying to play some pc vr games for ages! Thanks a bunch!
52 REPLIES 52

Reggie_Lee
Explorer
I'm guessinging this is happening to AMD?

EM1LL3US
Honored Guest

schmeun said:

I was able to "fix" it by going back to amd driver 20.9.1 as suggested earlier by synchromesh62. Thanks for the tip.

how did you do this? I have the same problem, but i dont know how to roll back builds.

Anonymous
Not applicable

EM1LL3US said:

schmeun said:

I was able to "fix" it by going back to amd driver 20.9.1 as suggested earlier by synchromesh62. Thanks for the tip.

how did you do this? I have the same problem, but i dont know how to roll back builds.

look up amd software update 20.9.1 and it should give you the download off of the website

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just reinstalled my Windows ( new motherboard ) and right now just using the Windows drivers for my RX580 and link now works perfectly ( which was stopping as described ) so it looks like an AMD driver issue for sure ... Problem is .. Who is gonna fix it .. Do AMD care ? are they interested in whether a third party VR app works or not ?
Or will Oculus find a fix if they are even looking ...  I can see this being a problem if both wait for each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its telling me that oculus cant work with with hardware now

Anonymous
Not applicable

J7N0 said:

im gonna try to resinstall oculus or maybe

Aikidom666
Explorer
ive reinstalled window reinstalled nvidia driver type c usb...keep disconnect randomly and reconnect  whithin a sec , but embarrasing enough to close the game and play with virtual desktop . rtx 2070 i7 8700

Anonymous
Not applicable

J7N0 said:

Right now its working the best it ever has for me but that is with the Windows 10 RX580 drivers.
I dare not install the official ones from AMD just yet as i had the latest driver update from them yesterday and it still did not work.
😞

PBooty
Honored Guest
I rolled back my radeon driver to 20.10.1 and it works now. Just google radeon 20.10.1 and it should take you to the driver. You dont have to uninstall your current driver, just run the installer and it will downgrade you. Obviously don't do this if you are running Nvidia. I'd post a link but I'm too new apparently.

DVID2006
Honored Guest

PBooty said:

I rolled back my radeon driver to 20.10.1 and it works now. Just google radeon 20.10.1 and it should take you to the driver. You dont have to uninstall your current driver, just run the installer and it will downgrade you. Obviously don't do this if you are running Nvidia. I'd post a link but I'm too new apparently.

yo are you sure this is gonna work because I've tried a lot of stuff all ready and i just want to get this fixed