cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cast not working

morningland
Protege
Both my iphone and Quest 2 are set to the same wifi, I select cast on my quest and select my app from the menu and on my phone is says it is now casting but I see  nothing.  Anyway to fix this because it's a serious bummer that I can't play with my family with no way for them to see it
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Forgot to update this, factory reset is the solution. cloud saves will keep all your game data, but anything modded will be deleted so make sure you back everything up

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44

Prof62
Honored Guest
Same here - tried using my brand new fully patched up to date Quest 2 with both my iPhone 11 and iPad Pro both of which are running the latest version of the app and are on the same network as the quest. (I have also tried connecting them all to a different Wi-Fi router)

Both say they are casting then, a couple of seconds later announce that an error has occurred. At the same time the Quest 2 briefly displays a pop-up message to the effect that a casting/live streaming error has occurred and that casting has stopped.

Retrying has no effect and neither does rebooting both the quest and the phone/iPad.

I've followed the instructions on the website to the letter but casting just will not work.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
@morningland Hi, If you haven't already, try disabling the WiFi and re-enabling it, power cycle the headset, and factory reset the headset (Note: All data on headset will be lost, you will need to re-download your apps/games). If you continue to have issues, please create a support ticket with us here. - Clint
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

b0xhead
Honored Guest
You must be kidding me. FFS

markwest76
Expert Protege
casting always gives me an error too, but I think it might due to the fact that the Quest is connected via 5 ghz network, while my smartphone supports only the 2.4 option...

PITTCANNA
Visionary
all wifi is not equal.

ensure phone and quest unit are on the same bandwidth for casting if your phone can only support 2.4 ghz, connect your quest to the 2.4 ghz band.

additionally make sure bluetooth is turned on for the phone.  

also if you have a laptop or computer connected via a web browser you can go to a chrome web page to the below address
https://www.oculus.com/casting

PITTCANNA
Visionary
also in your router settings you may need to check p2p

Your network should allow P2P connections.

RedTinyOne
Honored Guest
usgcm8wickfy.pngThis solved it for us on our UniFi wireless network. I've seen P2P setting on other routers.

LarsBorris
Honored Guest

usgcm8wickfy.pngThis solved it for us on our UniFi wireless network. I've seen P2P setting on other routers.
This solved it for me on my Dream Machine Pro from UBNT.
Thanks!

dvdstelt
Honored Guest

Like a charm! Thanks!!!!