cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Users - one Oculus Quest 2

Sophos707
Explorer
Hi there!
We just bought a new Oculus Quest 2. Very excited!
I have six kids, so obviously we want to have our own accounts.

Is this accomplished by each of us signing up for our own facebook account, then logging in and out? Or do we have one Facebook account attached to the device and multiple users for that account?

Or something else?
Thanks!!
31 REPLIES 31

PITTCANNA
Visionary
All you people saying fix this or else are whats bad for the quest platform.  You really think its easy to implement and roll out in a pandemic when every one is social distancing, and the typical office work is non existent.

The quest 2 is doing all that is advertised to do.  It is doing the typical things of psvr, hp reverb, valve index etc.  Family sharing is coming in v24, but non productive threads and comment do not help the developers.  Also threatening developers do this or else i return 4 headsets, DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO RESPECT THE DEVELOPERS.

Also single player games are unaffected by this, the headset saves local progress and save states.  Also single player games can use the quest no problem.

Multiplayer is fifty-fifty, that said what makes you think some app developers what a whole family leaching off of one purchase for 2+ users.

Bottom line don't say to developers roll out or i return unit in x amount of days.

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Also there are like 30 if not more of these threads, it would be better if every one who wants this feature just add to original ones, and not start a new one because your not interesting.  Its just annoying, save the threads for people who actually need genuine help and not just ^&%^% about oculus.

BoB_Sim_Jnr
Honored Guest
No sign of family settings in v24 running 24.0.0.42.393

baby_yoda_is_mi
Honored Guest
Is this fixed yet? I see in the profile something that claims it might be?

vlwdzzn2504v.png

kojack
MVP
MVP

Sophos707 said:
It's weird they would make people buy multiple copies for the same device. I was assuming it would be more like other devices, where you download it for the device, and all your users on that device can play it.

Steam is basically the same way. Games are tied to accounts, not devices. Having a steam game on a PC doesn't mean you can play it if the wrong account is logged in.

Is this fixed yet? I see in the profile something that claims it might be?

It's getting closer by the look of it, but it's not available yet. That stuff on the website can't be enabled yet, it's showing up a bit early.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

kojack said:

Steam is basically the same way. Games are tied to accounts, not devices. Having a steam game on a PC doesn't mean you can play it if the wrong account is logged in.

That's not quite true, you can Family share with Steam, my son and Daughter have access to my entire Steam library on there own PC's as well as mine, takes about 5 minutes to set up...

Russofine
Honored Guest
Not allowing multiple user accounts is definitely a big oversight on the part of Facebook/Oculus. It seems ridiculous that every game you buy that has a campaign mode can only be played by one person. For such an advanced gaming platform. This is a total rookie mistake. Hopefully Oculus matures quickly, realizes its mistake, and releases an elegant fix.

WildDakota
Honored Guest
Wow....I have a husband and 3 boys. This thing is going right back.

Dereklbc
Honored Guest

Wow....I have a husband and 3 boys. This thing is going right back.

they are fixing this in Feb see article www.
somagnews.com/oculus-quest-2-will-receive-support-for-multiple-accounts/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Umm, in a dad.  I know there are "games" I play that I do not want my kids to even know exist!