cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sensors can't track headset" problem. What do I do?

MLDKF
Explorer
I have been having this issue while setting up my headset. I encountered an issue where my computer could not read the Occulus Driver, so after getting rid of it, I was able to continue to the "Headset Sensor Check" stage of setup. However, no matter what I did, I could not get the problem to go away. I have already tried the following:
1. Unplugging the USB connection and then replugging it into my computer
2. Unplugging the USB connection and then plugging it into one of my other USB ports
3. Removing the faceplate and then unplugging the wire from the headset before replugging it into the headset
4. Restarting the Oculus app
5. Restarting the PC
What do I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MLDKF
Explorer

So have any of you contacted support? This is just the community forum.

And MLDKF, did you say you got rid of the driver??

You must have everything up to date. You must have a compatible PC. You need to make sure your antivirus software/ firewall isn't interfering. You must use a USB 3 port. 

99% of problems are user error. But if you're certain you've done everything correctly, you need to submit an "Oculus support ticket".

I checked, and it seems my computer needs some hardware updates. Thanks for everyone trying to help me to figure this one out

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nicole909
Honored Guest
I have the Same Problem as MLDKF. how can i fix this. ? pleas help me out.

kschaab
Honored Guest
Same problem, says to contact support

nicholas_wood_9
Honored Guest
Mine was working fine until just the other day and now I also have this headset tracking issue. Got a powered 3.0 USB hub, checked drivers, unplugged every which way. made sure everything was updated (windows, USB drivers, graphics card, checked camera and microphone settings, uninstalled and reinstalled oculus software about 4 times now. It is fucking maddening, can't get this piece of shit running again. It's brand new as well. 

eIIie
Honored Guest
This is my exact problem!!!

hussite
Honored Guest
Same here. It works on my laptop but not my desktop. I even went as far as replacing my motherboard and a new 1000W PSU. No dice.

Crazy_Sane
Superstar

You must have everything up to date. You must have a compatible PC. You need to make sure your antivirus software/ firewall isn't interfering. You must use a USB 3 port. 

99% of problems are user error. But if you're certain you've done everything correctly, you need to submit an "Oculus support ticket".

MLDKF
Explorer

I checked, and it seems my computer needs some hardware updates. Thanks for everyone trying to help me to figure this one out