cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Oculus-Sensor from the Rift work for the Rift S?

Karizawa
Sightseer
The Tracking of the Rift S is teribble sometimes so i want to know if you can use the oculus-sensor from the rift for the rift S
3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Karizawa said:

The Tracking of the Rift S is teribble sometimes so i want to know if you can use the oculus-sensor from the rift for the rift S

No, of course not.  Just another one-post wonder who cannot take the time to google/search/research beforehand.

Anyone who posts like this or 'I have exactly the same problem' should receive a permanent forum ban, and maybe a public flogging as well, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

kojack
MVP
MVP
It does get asked a lot, but the forum search is pretty broken at the moment. No need for anger at a simple question.

The Oculus CV1 sensors aren't compatible with any other Oculus headset. One issue is the Rift-S headset doesn't have any infrared tracking lights, so the sensors are physically incapable of seeing it.
Now the sensors could in theory see the controllers, but without the headset too you'd be using two different coordinate spaces. Oculus did suggest after the Rift-S came out that they might support them, but it never came about (and is unlikely to ever happen).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

kojack said:

It does get asked a lot, but the forum search is pretty broken at the moment. No need for anger at a simple question.

Not angry, just cranky, lol!  Sorry boss.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers