cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Windows App showing the wrong store

Gosh1017
Sightseer
Hi everyone,
First of all sorry if my misspeak a bit my english is not 100% good.
I am new to VR and wanted to download an app named "SkyBox".
So I just got to the store on the oculus app installed on my pc and purchased SkyBox.
Then, I went to my headset and wanted to launch SkyBox, but the problem is that it was not showing in my apps.
I then found out that I'd maybe bought the app from the wrong store so I checked on the app and saw that everything was marked as "compatible with rift and rift S".
That is when I realized that the store on the oculus PC app was actually the rift store! Even though I had already linked my Quest 2 to it.
So how can I resolve this and I am I the only one who's getting this?

Thanks for you help in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

nalex66
MVP
MVP
The store in the PC app is only for PC games. Likewise, when you use the store within any headset (Go, Quest, or Rift), you only see the store for that platform. Link allows you to use your Quest to play PC games through the PC app. It doesn’t install native Quest apps onto the headset. 

The only time you see all platforms on one store is through the phone app and the web store.

If you don’t want the PC version of the app you bought, you can request a refund through the PC app.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Gosh1017
Sightseer

nalex66 said:

The store in the PC app is only for PC games. Likewise, when you use the store within any headset (Go, Quest, or Rift), you only see the store for that platform. Link allows you to use your Quest to play PC games through the PC app. It doesn’t install native Quest apps onto the headset. 

The only time you see all platforms on one store is through the phone app and the web store.

If you don’t want the PC version of the app you bought, you can request a refund through the PC app.

Okay I totally get it, thanks a lot!