cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buttons missing in my Oculus app on Android

BentMatt
Sightseer
Hi
I have a very strange problem. The Oculus app on my phone is missing some buttons. I know this, because my german colleague has some extra options in his app, even though his phone is also an Android phone, and we have the exact same version of the app. I have tried to reinstall the app, but it didn't change anything. I have the same problem on my tablet. The buttons/controls in the question are the ones in the area inside the red rectangle in the attached image. That whole area is missing on my phone+tablet. Does anyone else have this problem? 

Thanks in advance!

a1z6fwky3tqm.png
10 REPLIES 10

PITTCANNA
Visionary
it could be just differences in android vs ios, your not missing any functionality. II wouldn't worry about it.

BentMatt
Sightseer
But we are both on android...

BentMatt
Sightseer

PITTCANNA said:

it could be just differences in android vs ios, your not missing any functionality. II wouldn't worry about it.

That's also not entirely true. He can see in his app when I have beaten my beat saber high-scores. I cannot see when he has been playing, since I am missing the buttons in question 😕

PITTCANNA
Visionary
if your talking about the blue indicators, it just means an update to the scoreboard feeds, since last time played.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe different Android OS versions?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

BentMatt
Sightseer

TomCgcmfc said:

Maybe different Android OS versions?

He has two phones, one with android 10 and one with android 9. Both have the buttons. I have an android 9 phone, and it doesn't have the buttons. My tablet runs android 7, and it also doesn't have the buttons.

BentMatt
Sightseer

PITTCANNA said:

if your talking about the blue indicators, it just means an update to the scoreboard feeds, since last time played.

Yes, but there is nowhere where I can see the new high-scores on my phone. But he can in his app by clicking on the beat saber icon in that "bar"

PITTCANNA
Visionary

BentMatt said:

PITTCANNA said:

Yes, but there is nowhere where I can see the new high-scores on my phone. But he can in his app by clicking on the beat saber icon in that "bar"

Have you merged with facebook yet?

BentMatt
Sightseer

PITTCANNA said:

BentMatt said:

PITTCANNA said:

Have you merged with facebook yet?

Yes I have.