cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Oculus Link

• You can now set your refresh rate to 80hz and 90hz when using Link with a USB-2 cable.
    • Keep in mind, that even with some of the newest and most powerful GPUs, maxing out values for the render resolution slider with a 90 Hz refresh rate may result in dropped or missing frames.
  • Fixed an issue causing Link to show a black screen after exit.
  • Reduced incidence of “Oculus Link is not working” errors that were happening on shut down. 

(Quick note version numbering: v25 will be the next live release for everyone, as v24 will stay as an internal stability build only)
73 Comments
tanubon
Heroic Explorer
Tbh, Oculus should cut USB2 support. VR ready PC, but no USB3? lol 
Nunyabinez
Rising Star
I was holding out hope that the next update would bring sharing, or account switching or whatever Oculus is planning. 

Maybe someday...
micronauta
Explorer
Adjust stuttering with Rift 2 and rtx3000 please!!!
markwest76
Expert Protege
There must be something wrong with this release: I use link with my Quest and my PC specs are I7-7700, rtx 2060 super (driver 461.09) and this beta v25 (25.0.0.18.658) is unusable because it causes audio to continously cut-out (rolling back to official v23 fixes the problem)
h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Same effect here. Extreme stuttering with PTC 25 and Quest 2 original Link cable. USB test also delivers less Gbps than with PTC 24 and stable. Maybe just compatible with a higher Q2 firmware?
LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer
I updated and there was a RTX driver update at the same time and everything is running the same as before, flawlessly.
Quest 2 and Link
h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

I updated and there was a RTX driver update at the same time and everything is running the same as before, flawlessly.
Quest 2 and Link

What card? 30xx or 20xx ?
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

h.r.gargi said:

Quest 2 and Link

Might be useful to state your card as well imho.
LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer

h.r.gargi said:

Quest 2 and Link

markwest76
Expert Protege

h.r.gargi said:

Same effect here. Extreme stuttering with PTC 25 and Quest 2 original Link cable. USB test also delivers less Gbps than with PTC 24 and stable. Maybe just compatible with a higher Q2 firmware?

Rolling back to v23 and then reinstalling v25 beta seems to have fixed the problem for me...I think it's worth giving it a try
Anonymous
Not applicable
in that update 90hz doesn't work for me on usb 2.0, same warning
h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

h.r.gargi said:

Rolling back to v23 and then reinstalling v25 beta seems to have fixed the problem for me...I think it's worth giving it a try

Noticed that too. But setting the encoder up to 500Mbps will cause the same problem again. Compare the Datarte on both versions. You will get less on PTC 25.
markwest76
Expert Protege

h.r.gargi said:

h.r.gargi said:

Noticed that too. But setting the encoder up to 500Mbps will cause the same problem again. Compare the Datarte on both versions. You will get less on PTC 25.

Yes, I confirm the same here...
h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Next problem with PTC 25. Extremely jittery with Rift S and Walking Dead Saints and Sinners.
ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Quick reminder to please report any issues you're encountering / suspected bugs though the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop app. This will ensure that our engineering team has the opportunity to review the report and triage if necessary. Thanks!
h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Thanks for your hint! I will do that!
bjoern_langer_1
Honored Guest
After my issue, that after the download of PTC v25 my Oculus-app doesnt start anymore (seems like the OVRServer is crashing in loop) i have cleaned my Oculus-Installation, deleted anything related in %appdata% and Registry (Windows 10) and reinstalled the Oculus-App. Now - when i activate PTC in the settings, the Download of PTC v25 does not start. Ive waited several days (since last saturday) and nothing happens. I am on a clean install v23 and the download of ptc v25 is queued and nothing happens. Any hint, how i can solve this problem ?
huliqan
Adventurer
I can't to disable supersampling in graphics settings in Oculus Home.
Inspapm8namnyn.png which file can this be disabled manually?
Forsaken1337
Honored Guest
Same here ...
After updating to V25 PTC (coming from V24 PTC) the services didn't start anymore. Seems that the OVRServer process is crashing continuously. Oculus Home app is restarting in a loop. For MSFS2020 i have to use the PTC version.

Reinstalling brings me back to a working V23 but the download to V25 PTC is queued since more than 24h. As you can see in https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/96633/complete-breakdown-of-oculus-installation-now... , other users got the same issue and solved it with downloading via VPN. It seems, that there is a problem on Oculus side.
mixmugz
Honored Guest
With V25 Oculus Rift S is huge perfomance problem with MSFS2020. Lots of artifacts and very low FPS. 15-20fps with LOW setting ingame.

Lots 'app missed submit count' frames
bjoern_langer_1
Honored Guest

After my issue, that after the download of PTC v25 my Oculus-app doesnt start anymore (seems like the OVRServer is crashing in loop) i have cleaned my Oculus-Installation, deleted anything related in %appdata% and Registry (Windows 10) and reinstalled the Oculus-App. Now - when i activate PTC in the settings, the Download of PTC v25 does not start. Ive waited several days (since last saturday) and nothing happens. I am on a clean install v23 and the download of ptc v25 is queued and nothing happens. Any hint, how i can solve this problem ?

No change since 1 week: The PTC-Download wont start.

hzm72bkc3sqy.jpg
bjoern_langer_1
Honored Guest
I finally solved my problems - even though im a little bit pi**ed off regarding the support of Oculus - i want to share my solution for those of you, who also are searching the forums for hours and hours to find a possible hint to fix soI mething, that never should be broken.

On my system (specs are very unimportant) everything worked fine till autoupdate from PTC v24 to PTC v25. I am using the PTC because of FlightSimulator2020. After the autoupdate i wasn´t able to start the oculus app anymore, because the OVRService (exe within /support/runtime/) crashed and restarted in an endless loop. I wasn´t able to fix that and didnt found any reason or solution for this issue - so i decided to reinstall the oculus app.

After a new install of the oculus app (installed version stable v23) - everything worked fine. But to use my rift in FS2020 i have to use the PTC - so i activated it again. The new problem was now after the fresh reinstall of the Oculus app- the download of PTC v25 didn´t started (see posts above). Reason for that : my origin software-directory for Oculus Games and Apps was outside of c:/program files/Oculus/software. All my games and game-related-stuff is on a separated ssd-drive D:. Because if u deinstall/delete the oculus app, the registry-entries are not deleted - every new installation of the oculus-app set the data-directory back to Drive d: (in my case d:/oculus/) and the oculus wasn´t able to access or get write permissions on c:/program files/software this is reproducible. Just create a data directory anywhere else and make it standard - after that reinstall the oculus-app and you are f**cked up.

(note for myself .. could this be a solution, if i dont want the app to be updated ?!?!?)

My solution for this was to install the oculus-app also to drive d:. For that you have to run the OculusSetup.exe from commandline and give it the extension /drive. Then your oculus app will be installed outside of restricted c:/program files/

After that the download of PTC v25 started immediately but my origin problem was back again - the oculus-app crashed in loop. So beginning from the start - no answers from the community or oculus-support so far.

Another thread from a french rift user gave me the hint. He had the problem, that he had a windows-username with non-english characters. So do i - im using a windows-username with ö (im german) and on top of that - my username is my prename and lastname seperated by a blank. And to be clear - that was and is never a problem for me including stable v23 and ptc v24. So they changed this in PTC v25.

I made a new windows-user without any non-english characters and/or a blank, logged in and everything worked fine.
The oculus-app ptc v25 is working, no crashes .. everything as expected.

So far my cents .. have a nice weekend.

huliqan
Adventurer
PTC v.25 USB-Link broken.
speed test in v.23 2.2Gbps-2.4Gbps
speed test in v.25 1.4Gbps-1.8Gbps .
And sound in headphones stutters in PTC v.25
What a hell ??? :#
h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

huliqan said:

Same here. data rate is worse...
clouds5
Expert Protege

huliqan said:

Do you see any difference in quality/latency etc. with the reduced speed? 
johnjohnson8313
Honored Guest
for me:
speed test in v23 was 2.8 Gbps consistently
speed test in v25 is 2.4 Gbps consistently
clouds5
Expert Protege
For me it was 2.2Gbps v23 and now 1.9Gbps v25.
I didn't do any elaborate testing but I recently upgraded my system so I had a range of Gbps values. My old motherboard would only do ~1.1-1.2 Gbps and the fastest port on my new MB does 2.4 Gbps. From what I've seen, Link quality and performance has not really been affected by this at all. I suspect all you need is "enough" bandwidth and once you reach that threshold any headroom doesn't offer any benefits.
-->I would really really like to hear something from the DEVs on this, but I don't think bandwidth is the limiting factor when it comes to Link. But what else could be the bottleneck? Encode/Decode times?
huliqan
Adventurer

clouds5 said:

huliqan said:

Do you see any difference in quality/latency etc. with the reduced speed? 

Yes. in v.25 I have stutters and decrease fps with 500 mbps.But all fine in v.23
-----------
Win10x64 20H2/ i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI GTX1080ti GAMING X 11G Oculus Quest2
huliqan
Adventurer
Who has a backup of PTC24? 
it works best for me,but I deleted it :(((
Richooal
Consultant

huliqan said:

Who has a backup of PTC24? 
it works best for me,but I deleted it :(((

Did you really delete it? Where was it? Is it even possible to have backups of previous installs?
I've never deleted a previous install since 2017 (and there's been lots), so are they all still somewhere on my drives? I don't think so.
I don't think anyone has a backup of a previous PTC version. (but I could be wrong, it happened once before)

huliqan
Adventurer
==Did you really delete it? Where was it? Is it even possible to have backups of previous installs?==
I no need 
previous installs !I need Support folder with v24 !
==I don't think anyone has a backup of a previous PTC version.==
I have many old versions of Oculus Home in backup archives(only 2 folder needed - Support & Manifest)
v1.14 v1.16 v.1.19 ...v1.30...1.16...but v24 I deleted after installed v25 :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((
v25 
constantly crashes in mfs2020 !!!((( And v23 incorrect works(mfs2020 need PTC versions) v24 worked perfectly!
Richooal
Consultant

huliqan said:

==Did you really delete it? Where was it? Is it even possible to have backups of previous installs?==
I no need 
previous installs !I need Support folder with v24 !
==I don't think anyone has a backup of a previous PTC version.==
I have many old versions of Oculus Home in backup archives(only 2 folder needed - Support & Manifest)
v1.14 v1.16 v.1.19 ...v1.30...1.16...but v24 I deleted after installed v25 :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((
v25 
constantly crashes in mfs2020 !!!((( And v23 incorrect works(mfs2020 need PTC versions) v24 worked perfectly!

But Oculus automatically updates to the latest version, what's the point of keeping old ones? If something "worked perfectly", why did you update if you can have any version you want?
huliqan
Adventurer

Richooal said:

But Oculus automatically updates to the latest version

I disabled automatically updates.
just create txt-files without extension(.txt) in Oculus folder
tmp
Staging
and Oculus Home 
will no longer be able to automatically update its software :)))
but update games and progs still works
tanubon
Heroic Explorer
I got PTC update 5 hours ago. 18 -> 57. Of course, no details from official again.
CactusCowboy
Adventurer
same here
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would really like to see the patch notes for these updates when they come down and not hours or days later lol
Richooal
Consultant

revasser said:

I would really like to see the patch notes for these updates when they come down and not hours or days later lol

This is how they always do it. Sometimes no patch notes ever turn up. Feedback is a one way street.
NizZ8
Protege
On v25 i started seeing an issue on Quest 2 Link playing dirt rally 2.0 (steam) where the bottom half of my screen would have like a white-distorted overlay on it shortly after entering VR mode for a race.  Exiting quest link resolves the issue in the headset... appears to be a quest link related issue.

Reverted back to v23 and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Specs:
Win10 latest
RTX 3090 - latest drivers
i9 10900k

CactusCowboy
Adventurer
NizZ8 said:

On v25 i started seeing an issue on Quest 2 Link playing dirt rally 2.0 (steam) where the bottom half of my screen would have like a white-distorted overlay on it shortly after entering VR mode for a race.  Exiting quest link resolves the issue in the headset... appears to be a quest link related issue.

Specs:
Win10 latest
i9 10900k

Saw that too on many other titles as well but was not able to figure out what excatly triggers this issue.
philneitz
Protege

NizZ8 said:

Specs:
Win10 latest
i9 10900k

Had the same issue 😞
huliqan
Adventurer
On v25 sound stutters and frames stutters and decrease fps on Link Quest2.
Very bad update :(((
tkohlhaase
Honored Guest
Oculus-App-Version 25.0.0.57.658 adds huge latency with Oculus Link!
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
If you guys are actually having problems (and not just trolling) with ptcv25 then let Oculus Support know.  Start a ticket and include your logfiles.  Thanks from all of us users.
clouds5
Expert Protege
Could this be a result of reduced USB connection speed? When I was briefly testing v25 (I'm back to v23 now) I didn't notice any issues with performance. Only reduced USB speeds (1.9gbps instead of 2.4, others reported too) and more stutters at high 350-500mbps bitrate (due to reduced usb speed).
h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

If you guys are actually having problems (and not just trolling) with ptcv25 then let Oculus Support know.  Start a ticket and include your logfiles.  Thanks from all of us users.

Hmmm... I always thought Oculus employees are reading this forum since it is an official forum?
huliqan
Adventurer

Oculus-App-Version 25.0.0.57.658 adds huge latency with Oculus Link!

Yes! Why killed perfect PTC v24 ???
unclear!  >:)
Who have PTC v.24 in backup archive ???
Richooal
Consultant

h.r.gargi said:

TomCgcmfc said:

Hmmm... I always thought Oculus employees are reading this forum since it is an official forum?

Yeah, that would be good.
On here you will see new threads for each software release, but almost zero feedback. You will also, occasionally, see "Hi, we'd be happy to help you, please open a ticket here".

huliqan
Adventurer

huliqan said:
Who have PTC v.24 in backup archive ???

Himself Found 🙂
michal-opole
Honored Guest
The. Newest. One is stutter mess and I need ptc for mfs2020. Can I have v24 with ptc on and not be updated to the v25? The 25.18 was ok the sixty sth version is shit.
huliqan
Adventurer

Can I have v24 with ptc on and not be updated to the v25?

Yes.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zvoH3uIMij-w-UvCjc3Jh4z5e03U3GAu/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H_Sgam3hVAtDFPajTu7ZcpUqSrEh681D/view?usp=sharing
Here Early and late versions PTC 24
Stop OVRService
rename C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support
unzip Support folder
Start OVRService
for blocked (disabled) automatically updates.
create txt-files without extension(.txt) in Oculus folder
tmp
Staging
and Oculus Home will no longer be able to automatically update its software ))
but update games and progs still works
If you need Oculus Home Rooms-copy original folder oculus-worlds from 25PTC to Support folder(delete my oculus-worlds with homeless)