cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete breakdown of Oculus installation - now can't even repair/reinstall as download gets stuck

Vrgear1972
Protege
New PC, built from the ground up. Fresh install of Windows 10, all updated.

Installed Oculus client. Installed many games to non-C drive locations Played games.

Attempted to download more Oculus games from my library, got "Unable to download" error. Ran repair of Oculus client, which completely broke things, as now it can't even redownload the client, gets stuck and eventually times out with a "Your network isn't working" type error.

Set Oculus exclusions on Defender and Malwarebytes. No difference.
Uninstalled Malwarebytes. No difference.
Turned off active scanning on Defender. No difference.
Deleted all Oculus related folders/files, manually. No difference.
Tried Google DNS. No difference.

Everything else on this PC is working. I just cannot now get Oculus client reinstalled, as the setup gets "Stuck" on the download.

Any ideas?
23 REPLIES 23

Vrgear1972
Protege
VPN worked for me. I had one or two similar problems with games installs failing but disconnecting and reconnecting the VPN to a different region got things working again.

The download rate was still poor though and that's not the VPN or my connection (confirmed with VPN active, still in the 250mb/s range) but game installs took a long time to complete. Far longer than other services like Steam, Origin, etc.

roester76
Honored Guest
Would be nice if support came up with something other than 'have you checked your wifi' or 'it's your AV' regarding this issue..... been a right pain in the A*

P.S the VPN workaround does work so it is 100% a issue with their servers failing and then booting you for too many retries...

Vrgear1972
Protege

roester76 said:

Would be nice if support came up with something other than 'have you checked your wifi' or 'it's your AV' regarding this issue..... been a right pain in the A*

P.S the VPN workaround does work so it is 100% a issue with their servers failing and then booting you for too many retries...

Yep, and I had it again as recently as yesterday, so the issue isn't even due to peak usage. This also hasn't always been the case, they've changed the way this is configured on their end.

Complete garbage way to manage a service in 2021.

In 2022 as well...

A year later and nothing has changed.  I had this problem a year ago when I built my PC... and now after a fresh wipe and install of Windows 11 I am still having issues.  All but 5 of my apps have installed fine... the last 5 continuously fail.

I've tried a VPN which worked before... hasn't worked this time.  App downloads still failing...

Just plain annoying.

LG CX OLED 48 / i9 10900k / RTX 3090 FE / 64GB / 3x 2TB 970 Evo Plus / Oculus Quest 2 256GB