cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 stuck at 72 Hz when using Link

benji94
Adventurer
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue.  My Quest 2 is stuck at 72 Hz despite setting it to 80 Hz or 90 Hz in the Oculus PC app.  Friday night I used it for about 4 hours and it was running at 90 Hz without any problem.  No changes made (that I'm aware of) and on Saturday I noticed it was only running at 72 Hz.  Oculus PC app was v24 and the headset on v23.  Using the official Oculus cable.  I tried another cable that I know also works.  No change.  I tried different usb c and a 3.1 ports both on my 2080 super and MB and no difference.  Re-installed Oculus software.  No change.  Did a factory reset on the headset.  No change.

I opened a support ticket with Oculus support and spent nearly 3 hours on a chat session with a tech.  He (or she?) had me reinstall the PC app (again).  No change.  Then had me enable PTC and installed v25.  No change.  He finally gave up and said he was going to elevate the issue to a higher level and would be contacted.  Still waiting.

If anyone is having a similar issue all of a sudden I'd sure be interested.  Especially if you've found a fix.

Thanks.

Steve
17 REPLIES 17

PITTCANNA
Visionary
So did you save and restart after you change it to 90 hz, in the device menu?  If you just select it and close out the menu it won't change.

benji94
Adventurer
Easy one...yup...multiple multiple times.  In fact every time a change is made.  I put everything back on auto and at 72.  Restarted.  Sure enough its at 72.  Then tried 80/auto/restart...still 72.  Then tried 90/auto/restart...still 72.  It sure is acting like a Quest 1 and just won't do any higher.

But I appreciate the suggestion.

PITTCANNA
Visionary
in the device menu remove all devices.

Then just add the quest 2 back in the device menu.

Then go into settings and try adjust the frequency and save.

benji94
Adventurer
Ok thanks.  Why not?  Anything is worth a try at this point.  Oculus has already replaced this thing once due to other issues.  I'm hoping I don't have to do that again.

Papragu
Explorer
Have you tried what happens when you don't set it back to auto?

benji94
Adventurer
Unfortunately no change.  Just patiently waiting for Oculus support to get back to me at some point.

PITTCANNA
Visionary
so click off the ptc you don't really need the ptc for the 90 hz.  the headset should be with in 1 revision of the software.  So make sure both are at v23.  You have to make sure both are a 23, and you have to set frame rate and render resolution with the headset hooked up.  You can't do it prior.  So do this in the following order

Set the ptc to off - Restart the software on the pc.
Open the software
Turn on your quest 2 get to the home screen
Link up to your pc
Once linked, just rest your quest 2 on forehead keep it on
go to device menu
click in the render resolution and frame rate
set the frame rate to 90, render res to what you want
it will ask you if you want to save and restart
Click yes
Then re-enable link

benji94
Adventurer
The only reason I'm on PTC (and v25) is because the last tech I spent hours with (Sunday evening) instructed me to do so.  I still have it on PTC but I was planning on turning it back off and having it go back to v23.  Nothing better to do with my time but futz around with this thing I guess.  I still have my CV1 which works flawlessly so I'll probably fire that back up until Oculus figures this out.  If they can.  Thanks again.

PITTCANNA
Visionary

benji94 said:

The only reason I'm on PTC (and v25) is because the last tech I spent hours with (Sunday evening) instructed me to do so.  I still have it on PTC but I was planning on turning it back off and having it go back to v23.  Nothing better to do with my time but futz around with this thing I guess.  I still have my CV1 which works flawlessly so I'll probably fire that back up until Oculus figures this out.  If they can.  Thanks again.

are you sure you going in the right device settings menu?  You might be adjusting settings for the cv1, and not for link.

Also try removing the cv1 from the computer physically, meaning unplug the usb and dp from cv1.

then set up the quest 2.