cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does the oculus 2 last while on standby mode?

gudejoey
Honored Guest
Hello, I have just recently noticed that whenever I put the headset on standby mode, after 5 hours it is usually depleted and I have to recharge it again. How long does it usually take for a headset to get depleted on standby mode? Is this only my headsets or is it normal?
5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey there! Do you find that the headset depletes quickly even when at a full charge? Is the headset stored in a way that it may be bumped or disrupted and power back on at all? If you find that when storing the headset securely and safely, it continues to drop quickly in stand-by mode, please click here to submit a ticket so that we can look into this with you. Thanks!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Papragu
Explorer

gudejoey said:

Hello, I have just recently noticed that whenever I put the headset on standby mode, after 5 hours it is usually depleted and I have to recharge it again. How long does it usually take for a headset to get depleted on standby mode? Is this only my headsets or is it normal?

It is absolutely normal. Just turn it off completely (hold power button for 3 sec.) when you are done playing.
Looks like this is not normal and i will have to do some observation.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Papragu said:

It is absolutely normal. Just turn it off completely (hold power button for 3 sec.) when you are done playing.

Fully discharging over 5 hours of standby is definitely not normal. My headset loses 5 to 10% over about 24 hours on standby. Sometimes a bit more if there are multiple app updates. It does sometimes discharge quickly if there’s an OS update (it seems to stay fully powered after updating).

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Strongit
Heroic Explorer
My quest 1 lasts a few days on standby so it's definitely an issue.
Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz

Papragu
Explorer

nalex66 said:

Papragu said:

Fully discharging over 5 hours of standby is definitely not normal. My headset loses 5 to 10% over about 24 hours on standby. Sometimes a bit more if there are multiple app updates. It does sometimes discharge quickly if there’s an OS update (it seems to stay fully powered after updating).

Well my friend and i got each a Quest 2 couple weeks ago and both of them completely drain the battery over night if we leave them on stand by. I also read this on other sites, so i assumed that this was normal.