cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Oculus link not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just bought an oculus link cable so I can play more vr games on steam. i plugged it in, everything was recognized and I gave it all the permissions to run but when I went to click on oculus link in the quest 2 I was given a popup saying that oculus link keeps stopping and when I look at my pc i get a notification from the oculus app saying that it cannot find my headset. when I check the app it says its disconnected then reconnects automatically. I have been trying to fix this all day but nothing has been working, if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12

Antmano
Honored Guest

T.M_ said:

Hello

I had the same symptom, but the problem was resolved.

The GPU is RX570

If you have recently updated your AMD driver, please downgrade.
My PC is currently connected to LINK with AMD driver 20.10.1.

Thx.
Its working with AMD Radeon driver 20.10.1.

johnfran77
Honored Guest

Antmano said:

Same here. 
Quest 2 without the official cable but I've tried 4 different usb3.0 cables. 
radeon Vega56, ryzen 3600, x570 

i have 

Oculus Quest Link Cable 16FT,Oculus Link Headset Cable made dethinton it worked when first used it on a usb 2 port i got no usb 3 ports or working on on my computer case i ran medal of honor quit the game to work but when i came back it wont see it i go to the actvate link it wont my wire anymore or what ever is causing it

kyeo138
Honored Guest
I have a desktop w/an RX570 as well and it's not working USB-C to USB-C.  The test works but starting the Oculus Link software I get the same error as the OP.   Current AMD driver version 20.12.1 Will try moving to 20.10.1 and report back if it works.

-----------
CONFIRMED - downloading 20.10.1 and installing works (after a reboot).  Thanks TM!